Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
johnyboy
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

Slow evening and weekend speed with Infinity 1

I joined BT Infinity on the 27th September 2017 and since then have had very slow evening and weekend speeds. My daytime speeds are excellent at over 50mbps but in the evenings can drop to as low as 5mpbs. I have done all of these tests using the BT Wholesale Performance test site. I have reported this on numerous occasions to BT who have in turn reported it to Openreach. As we didn't appear to be getting anywhere, Openreach sent one of their fibre engineers to my property last week. He carried out various tests and couldn't find anything wrong. I expected this to be the case as he came during the day when my speeds are normally excellent. He said there was nothing else he could do and suggested it could be congestion at Norwich North exchange where my service comes from. Perhaps someone could help me with this problem as it has become very stressful, thank you    

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: Slow evening and weekend speed with Infinity 1

Welcome to this user forum.

Please can you please provide http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/  results for different times of the day, including the further diagnostics page? The last test needs to be done at peak times so the results are stored on the BT server.

These must be done using a computer connected to the home hub, using an Ethernet cable.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

@johnyboy I'm really sorry about the problems with your connection speed at peak times.  I've looked at the congestion report and can't see anything listed for Norwich North but there are two SVLAN's on the Norwich city exchange that are both being affected by congestion, new infrastructure is required to resolve this. One is due to be upgraded next week and the other should be fixed in early January.

I presume these are linked as the DSLAM's are often located in adjacent exchange areas, if you send over your details we'll be able to check for sure using your broadband info.  You can find the contact the mods link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
johnyboy
Beginner
Message 4 of 11

Hi Neil

Thanks for your reply. Could you please tell me what details you require?

Thanks John

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 11

If you click on the 'Contact the mods' link in Neils profile you will get a form to complete.

0 Ratings
johnyboy
Beginner
Message 6 of 11

Sorry I'm new to the Forum so how do I get to Neil's profile?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 11

Just click on his name in his post

0 Ratings
johnyboy
Beginner
Message 8 of 11

Sorry to come back again but I've clicked on his name and Profile isn't shown?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 11

mod.jpg

You need to be using the full site rather than the mobile version and you should see something like this when you click on Neil's name

0 Ratings
johnyboy
Beginner
Message 10 of 11

I'm using a laptop so I presume this is the full version of the forum. Sorry but profile is not shown when clicking on his name so something must be wrong somewhere. Thanks very much for your help

0 Ratings