cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Slow evening speeds to the hub, sync speed is fine?

Hi, 

I have FTTC and issues with slow broadband speeds in the evenings (all night after 6-7pm). 

Normally get around 45Mbps during the day (my Stay Fast Guarantee is 41Mbps), but in the evenings this drops to around 20Mbps (checked using the BT app which shows Speed to the Hub, and also tried removing all connected devices and connecting only my laptop via ethernet). 

The downstream sync speed on the router homepage used to be constantly 54.99Mbps, but recently this fluctuates between 47-51Mbps. When doing the speed test the downstream sync speed are fine but the Speed to the Hub with no devices connected is still around 20Mbps.  Have tried a 

new Hub from BT no difference. 

Openreach have come out 3 times, but they always come before 6pm so can't see the issue. They advised that BT should arrange and out of hours engineer to come in the evening after 7pm, BT initially said they would request an out of hours engineer but are now saying that they will not arrange one, because Openreach engineers should be able to see any issues regardless of the time they come.  

Can anybody help/ advise what I should do. Do you know if my stats are okay? 

Thanks in advance.

BT Stats 20.02.21.JPGBT Wholesale test 20.02.21.JPGBT App 20.02.21.jpg

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Slow evening speeds to the hub, sync speed is fine?

Pointless engineers attending as they won't be able to do anything.It will be congestion at the exchange. BTWholsale should be aware of it and have a fix in the pipeline.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Thanks, do you know if there is a way for me to check if there is congestion at the exchange?

BT initially sent a Qube engineer who said it could be something to do with the exchange, when I told the Openreach engineer he said that because I have fibre it has nothing to do with the exchange? 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Basically the same issue I had, got it resolved in the end and it was congestion at the cabinet, not the exchange. Check out my thread, the solution is on the last page and you will see the mods that also helped along the way. https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Fibre-broadband/Peaktime-throughput-speeds-less-than-half-minimum-spe...

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Thanks looks like the same issue! I will let the Openreach engineer know.

Been going on for 2month so, Hopefully this solves the issues! 

0 Ratings