Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kinthos
Contributor
Message 1 of 15

Slow fibre - moved to correct cabinet by engineer - now no connectivity at all

Hello

22/06/16 - I signed up with BT for activation on the 8th July.

08/07/16 - The day came and went.  I had no broadband or telephone line.  Raised fault for both.  Given date of 11/07/16 for fix.

09/07/16 - Call from BT to say fault had been identified and fix date now 12/07/16

11/07/16 - The day came and went.  I chased up.  Given date of 12/07/16.  Randomly I was getting broadband (but no tel line).  Speeds of 6MB down and 1MB up.

12->14 /07/16 - The day came and went.  I chased up.  Raisaed a complaint at some point (can't remember which day)

15/07/16 - The telephone line started working.  No-one followed up from BT.  I chased up the slow internet speed.

20/07/16 - BT Engineer visit.  He identified that I had been wrongly routed to another cabinet over 4km away.  I was the only person on the street doing this.  He routed me to the correct cabinet (126).  He said I would need to conact BT to advise them to "cease" and reactivate/reprovision my infinity service.  Contacted BT, options team, fault team to advise as engineer proposed.

21/07/16 - Contacted BT, options team, fault teams etc to advise as engineer proposed.  Told that they cannot help and as an active complaint, best to leave to them?  Complaint team supposed to phone me, they did not.

22/07/16 - Contacted BT, options team, fault teams etc to advise as engineer proposed.  Told that they cannot help and as an active complaint, best to leave to them?  Complaint team supposed to phone me, they did but line was poor asked them to call on home number, they did not.

23/07/16 - Spoke to complaints team, she put me through to options team, they could not help.  New call arranged for 25/07/16

25/07/16 - Still awaiting call.

Not sure I'll ever have a working fibre broadband service at this rate!  Can someone please help me?

Current ADSL checker on phone line:

ADSL checker on post code:

--
If I've been helpful (or amused you) - Click the Star under my name. I'm Just another satisfied BT Customer. 😉
0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 15

Re: Slow fibre - moved to correct cabinet by engineer - now no connectivity at all

interesting that the dslchecker for your phone number shows correct cabinet 126 so if your were redirected from another cab then records appear to be updated - it is very unusual for openreach to change your street cabinet

you can try contacting openreach and see if they can correct problem  https://www.formwize.com/run/survey3.cfm?id=7214&embed

if that does not help and phone call from complaints team does not help then maybe mods will help but at present after completing the email for mod assistance it will take at present about 6 working days for mods to get back to you

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
kinthos
Contributor
Message 3 of 15

Re: Slow fibre - moved to correct cabinet by engineer - now no connectivity at all

Thanks for your reponse (and quickly).  Yep I'm not sure when the update happened, but definitely last week it was still showing the old cabinet (111).  It's weird the disparity in Fibre speed though!  Perhaps something is still going wrong for me in the physical cabling or routing.  No idea and it's well beyond my understanding!

--
If I've been helpful (or amused you) - Click the Star under my name. I'm Just another satisfied BT Customer. 😉
0 Ratings
kinthos
Contributor
Message 4 of 15

Forgot to say, I found that openreach form and had filled it in today too.  So at least I have that + the complaints team working on parallel on this.  When I know more, I'll post back.

--
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 15

keep updating   if you are not making any progress then maybe the mods will be able to help

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
kinthos
Contributor
Message 6 of 15

Just this second spoke to complaints and she had advised I call between 8am - 9am to the broadband (technical team).  This is a team that that I have not managed to talk to in the past week.  I've been in the queue a fair few times but have given up when it's taken so long and still no answer.  Fingers crossed I get a response tomorrow morning (and that they can help)!

--
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 15

You need moderator help.

The reason the speeds for your phone line are so low is because the checker will be seeing that your line is active on a port in the old cabinet, and the dsl checker result will be based on line length from that cabinet to your home.

Cease and provide makes sense as you will need a port activated in the "new" fibre cabinet.

Given this is very unique and very very rare, I would seek moderator help as there are many complexities that could make things difficult to unravel without on person taking ownership.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
kinthos
Contributor
Message 8 of 15

Thanks Webby and imjolly.  How do I email a moderator?

I've been searching around the forums to see if there was a method mentioned, the only post I found said it's no longer possible.  is that right or have I missed something?

--
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 15

by invite only now

I have asked mods to help so they will pst contact us link here  

contact mods.jpg

After completing the email NOT PM then you join a queue of other customers waiting for mod help. The mods will get back to you in about 6 working days either by phone or email

Message 10 of 15

Hi @kinthos Sorry your having problems with your Inifinty connection.

We are very busy at the moment so you would be best sticking with your open complaint and if you still can't get any help we will be happy to help you if you send us your details. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

0 Ratings