cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kinthos
Contributor
Message 11 of 15

Re: Slow fibre - moved to correct cabinet by engineer - now no connectivity at all

Thanks John.

It's been a fruitless morning.  I've been on the phone for 40 minutes already, currently in a queue to speak to the "broadband team".  The first time I was put through to the non-UK team and he disconnected my call to him as he decided to check the line that I was on.  Next I got put through to the non-UK Telephone faults team, despite saying it was a broadband fault and she has put me through to the "broadband team" - although still waiting as mentioned.  Thats the sum of my effort for that time!

All of this was the complaint advisors recommendation and it feels as pointless as the last week of me trying to speak to someone that could help.  I'm so weary of this!  She'll be ringing me back at 10-11 and I will feed this back to her and see if she can actually be of more help but it's for this reason that I have emailed the mods just now.  To me it sounds like the customers, helpers and mods on here really know their stuff as opposed to the guys I've been speaking with!

--
If I've been helpful (or amused you) - Click the Star under my name. I'm Just another satisfied BT Customer. 😉
0 Ratings
kinthos
Contributor
Message 12 of 15

Re: Slow fibre - moved to correct cabinet by engineer - now no connectivity at all

I had contacted the mods on this so I wanted to give an update...

The BTCare guys have taken ownership of the issue (Dale).  It was really frustrating to get anyone to do this but he stepped up straight away when I finally managed to speak to him.

Not sure how long I'll be looking for a working service but at least I know it's being worked on and when the original broadband will be ceased by.

--
If I've been helpful (or amused you) - Click the Star under my name. I'm Just another satisfied BT Customer. 😉
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 15

at least you know what is happening and will now be kept up to date - nothing worse than not knowing what is happening

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
kinthos
Contributor
Message 14 of 15

Update again..

So the broadband was ceased but now told, I cannot get Fibre!  Argh!  Awaiting callback from Dale to discuss.

I managed to speak to the Openreach engineer - who kindly called back and looked into what is going on.  Apparently the original fibre capacity had been used up in the cabinet, but new fibre equipment has been fitted.  Unfortunately it is not live yet (switched on).  He said this won't be until September (no exact dates).  So, until this happens, I cannot have fibre.

Well at least I know why now, but I'm stuck in limbo as I've ordered Fibre, BT can't deliver it and it's not available for 1-2 months still!

--
0 Ratings
kinthos
Contributor
Message 15 of 15

Just for kicks I did a little look at where the cabinets are in relation to me.  I was on 111 and been changed to 126:

--
0 Ratings