Hi all, been a BT customer for a while now, no problems at previous addresses. We moved into our new house and had to wait a month for our broadband to be fitted, so once it was done we we're just grateful to be back online, ignoring some issues.
Our devices randomly disconnect and its been getting worse (mainly phones). Also images that are 1mb can take a while to load on my phone (using an app when viewing images shows me they are being recieved VERY slowly) and if I turn WiFi off the images will load instantly.
As it has been the WiFi that we are having trouble with I'll post 2 speed results, 1 WiFi, 1 Wired.
Downlaod - 52.99
Upload - 17.56
Ping - 20.75
Download - 62.51
Upload - 17.48
Ping - 0.00
1. Product Name: HomeHub5
2. Serial number: +076284+1605004090
3. Firmware version: v0.07.06.09028-BT (Type B) Last updated 3/11/2016
4. Board version: 01A
5. VDSL uptime: 0 days, 00:09:45
6. Data Rate: 20000 / 65432
7. Maximum Data Rate: 22140 / 79011
8. Noise Margin: 6.4 / 6.3
9. Line Attenuation: 19.5 / 17.1
10. Signal Attenuation: 0.0 / 0.0
11. Data sent/received: 57.4 MB / 338.1 MB
12. Broadband username: firstname.lastname@example.org
13. BT Wi-fi: Yes
14. 2.4GHz wireless network/SSID: BTHub5-F73Z
15. 2.4GHz wireless connections: Enabled (802.11 b/g/n (up to 144 Mb/s))
16. 2.4GHz wireless security: WPA2 Only (Recommended)
17. 2.4GHz wireless channel: Automatic (Smart Wireless)
18. 5GHz wireless network/SSID: BTHub5-F73Z
19. 5GHz wireless connections: Enabled (802.11 a/n/ac (up to 1300 Mb/s))
20. 5GHz wireless security: WPA2 Only (Recommended)
21. 5GHz wireless channel: Automatic (Smart Wireless)
22. Firewall: Default
23. MAC Address: a8:d3:f7:d6:b1:68
24. Software variant: -
25. Boot loader: 0.5.1-BT (Wed Nov 12 11:52:05 2014)
Try ONE factory reset of the Homehub by pressing a pin into the recess button on the rear for about 20 seconds.
Once it restarts make sure you turn off "smart setup" on the Homehub.
See link how to do that.
Some devices have a problem with the Homehub dual band having the same SSid (name). You could try splitting them.