cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rob290482
Message 1 of 7

Slow infinity 1 download

Hi, i signed up to BT Infinity 1 with guaranteed 31mb down and 9mb upload. It was installed on 16th March and its still not any faster than 21mb download. The upload is great at close to 10mb. I have taen a screen shot of the homhub 5 data. its as follows:

Do numbers 8, 9, and 10 look decent or are any too high / low? You will see i switched off the router 4 days ago. The data was almost the same when i switched it off.

Thanks

Rob

4. Board version: BT Hub 5A

5. DSL uptime: 4 days, 00:50:06

6. Data rate: 9917 / 21670

7. Maximum data rate: 9917 / 25305

8. Noise margin: 5.8 / 5.4

9. Line attenuation: 28.1 / 24.7

10.. Signal attenuation: 28.1 / 21.9

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Slow infinity 1 download

Where is your router plugged in? In an extension or the master socket?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Rob290482
Message 3 of 7

Is connected to the original BT master socket. However, that said, there is a flat rectangle box on the wall just next to it that looks like the cable has been joined at 1 point in the past. The lid opens and looks like it cable was too short so its been lengthened by BT?

Are the Noice Margins and attenuation levels normal?

Rob

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

your stats look ok with noise margin about normal 6db

can you enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number  https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Rob290482
Message 5 of 7

Featured Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

Availability Date

High

Low

High

Low

FTTC Range A (Clean)

--

Available

FTTC Range B (Impacted)

--

Available

WBC ADSL 2+

Up to 13

--

10.5 to 15

Available

WBC ADSL 2+ Annex M

Up to 13

Up to 1

10.5 to 15

Available

ADSL Max

Up to 8

--

7 to 8

Available

WBC Fixed Rate

--

--

Available

Fixed Rate

--

--

Available

Other Offerings

Fibre Multicast

--

--

--

Available

Copper Multicast

--

--

--

Available

0 Ratings
Rob290482
Message 6 of 7

Should i need to reset the homehub after so many days? Its been left on now for almost 5 days i think.

Rob

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

you should not need to reset the hub manually as it works best on a stable 24/7 connection

your connection/attainable speed is lower than bottom estimated speed so are you using the test socket with a filter to see if that improves your connection

test socket.jpg

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings