cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reece1673
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 18

Slow internet//Slow IP profile

Hi. We've just upgraded to the BT Superfast Fibre 2 Unlimited. Our speeds have not changed at all, it's actually below the 'Stay Fast Guarantee' of 30Mbs too. I've looked into it and have done a speed test on the BT WholeSale website and it appears that my IP profile has not budged a bit. I have restarted the home hub a couple times. I'd like to know if someone could manually reset the IP Profile as it hasn't done it automatically. My neighbours have faster download and upload speeds then me, so It cannot be my line. Please can someone look into manually resetting my IP line profile? Many thanks.

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
17 REPLIES 17
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 18

Re: Slow internet//Slow IP profile

Your profile is set by your connection speed not the other way round so get higher profile you need faster speed.  Restarting  the hub will not improve your speed and is more likely to have the opposite effect

post stats. Advanced settings then technical log information 

enter your phone number and post results remember delete number  http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Reece1673
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 18

unknown

0 Ratings
Reece1673
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 18

unknown

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 18

Don't know why you upgraded to superfast 2 as you cannot get the max for superfast 1. By upgrading you still cannot get faster than your line can handle 

are you using he test socket with a filter to see if that improves your connection speed. Post new stats

any noise on quiet line test dual 17070 option 2 should be silent and best with corded phone 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Reece1673
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 18

I dare unplug it again, I don't want the speed decreasing anymore. I still don't understand why we got offered Superfast 2 if we can't even get the full potential...
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 18

Just wait couple of days then try test socket with filter and post new stats 

you can see from checker your estimated range is 55/36mb and from your hub stats you are not even reaching the lower estimate. Hopefully test socket will help

if you asked for superfast 2 believing you will get the average 67mb then that not going to happen

Reece1673
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 18

I am wondering. The master socket was originally upstairs but got moved downstairs when the engineer came. Do you think that can degrade the speed...?
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 18

Did you check quiet line test

If move of master done by openreach then should be ok  is the upstairs socket still in use or blanked off 

0 Ratings
Reece1673
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 18

It's not in use as we have the router downstairs but it's not blanked off or anything.

0 Ratings