cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bopt88
Message 1 of 7

Slow internet

I have been using bt fibre broadband which states a guaranteed of 49mbps of estimate between 53 and 73mbps.for months the WiFi has been fine but for 3 consecutive days the WiFi has consistently been slow at about 1-3 mbps.is my only option to cancel the bt service since I am paying way too much for this slow speed. Also a bt technician has already come in and even after he left the speed was still bad at 1-3mbps..what am I supposed to do cause I can only consider switching broadbands.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Slow internet

Post stats from your hub. If hh6 then advanced settings then technical log information. If hh5 then troubleshooting then helpdesk 

try quiet line test dial 17070 option 2 should be silent and best with corded phone 

the speeds you quote are connection speeds not download speeds. There is no guarantee on download speeds by any ISP. Can you run btspeedtester but with Ethernet connection not wireless and post diagnostic results

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Bopt88
Message 3 of 7

Sorry I meant to specify but I did mean download speeds.i just did a speed test and got 1.3mbos download and 0.93mbps upload This is unusual since I used to get about 50 to 60mbps download and 15 to 20 mbps upload in the same exact spot. Also the WiFi is still extremely slow even when directly next to the router so it doesn’t seem to be a range issue. After all this happened all of a sudden when it was great for months. In addition I have the bt smart hub which came late last year only so I am unfamiliar with bt hub 6.so what can I do?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Hi @Bopt88 welcome to the forum and sorry you are having a problem with your broadband speed. So that the community can help you please follow the advice from @imjolly  and post back to let us know the results. 

As you are using the BT Smart hub you can get your connection stats by, Opening a new web browser on your connected device and type 192.168.1.254 or bthomehub.home into the address bar. This will open the Hub Manager.  Click Advanced Settings’ and then ‘Technical log’

cheers
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Bopt88
Message 5 of 7

Product name:

BT Hub 6A

Serial number:

+084316+NQ84173546

Firmware version:

SG4B1000E016

Firmware updated:

31-May-2019

Board version:

Gui version:

DSL uptime:

0 Days, 12 Hours 52 Minutes 52 Seconds

Data rate:

20.00 Mbps / 62.46 Mbps

Maximum data rate:

24795 / 74564

Noise margin:

15.4 dB / 6.1 dB

Line attenuation:

15 dB

Signal attenuation:

0 dB / 15 dB

VPI / VCI:

0/38

Modulation:

G_993_2_ANNEX_B

Latency type:

Fast Path

Data sent / received:

962 MB Uploaded / 7213 MB Downloaded

Broadband username:

bthomehub@btbroadband.com

BT Wi-fi:

Active

2.4 GHz wireless network name:

BTHub6-G975

2.4 GHz wireless channel:

Smart (Channel 1)

5 GHz wireless network name:

BTHub6-G975

5 GHz wireless channel:

Smart (Channel 36)

Wireless security:

WPA2 (Recommended)

Wireless mode:

Mode 1

Firewall:

On

MAC address:

E8:AD:A6:DA:D7:F1

Software variant:

-

Boot loader:

I posted my stats so what can I do now.also it says my data rate is 62 Mbps when I am no where near reaching that speed a witnessing constant lag when viewing videos.the speed test app still shows something completely different at 1.4mbps

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

can you run btspeedtester and when first test completes run diagnostic test and post results  must be done with ethernet connection direct to hub - not with powerline adapters or wireless   

http://www.speedtest.btwholesale.com/

just noticed connection time only 12hrs are you having problems maintaining a stable connection or was that a manual reset

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 7 of 7

Try splitting your wireless networks. See HERE for details.

0 Ratings