cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WayneA
Contributor
Message 1 of 39

Slow/ non existent broadband since house move

Good evening I was wondering if anyone could help me.

We moved house on Monday and our broadband/phone package was due to be activated on the 15th of June.Our telephone line was activated, however The 15th came and went, as did the 16th but still no internet, all we had was a flashing orange light on our homehub 5. Finally today we have a blue light. However whilst our download speed seems okay at 27 mbps, our upload speed is 0.07 mbps, and our homehub still seems to cut out with the flashing orange light every 20 minutes or so. I know they say that you need to give the line 190 days to settle down, but surely the internet should be more stable than this? 1. Product name: BT Home Hub 2. Serial number: +068543+NQ50804599 3. Firmware version: Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.204 (Type A) Last updated 31/03/15 4. Board version: BT Hub 5A 5. DSL uptime: 0 days, 00:04:39 6. Data rate: 1136 / 15557 7. Maximum data rate: 459 / 19960 8. Noise margin: 9.8 / 9.7 9. Line attenuation: 30.5 / 24.2 10. Signal attenuation: 28.2 / 21.8 11. Data sent/received: 4.1 MB / 40.8 MB 12. Broadband username: bthomehub@btbroadband.com

0 Ratings
38 REPLIES 38
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 39

Re: Slow/ non existent broadband since house move

Are you connected to the test socket with a new filter?

Can you enter your phone number and post results. Remember to delete phone number. https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
WayneA
Contributor
Message 3 of 39

Hi thanks for replying. It's connected to the master socket as far as I am aware with a brand new filter.

Untitled.png

0 Ratings
WayneA
Contributor
Message 4 of 39

Right my dl speed seems to be all over the place but it has settled down a little today, but my upload speed is continuously abysmal. I am unable to use the test socket as there does not appear to be one on the master socket

speed.png

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 39

have you checked to see where the openreach lines enter your home to see if there is another socket like this  test socket.jpg

do you have extension sockets in other rooms

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
WayneA
Contributor
Message 6 of 39

No. I think we have what is called a non nte5 master socket as this place is nearly 40 years old.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 39

with numerous old extensions in other rooms?

0 Ratings
WayneA
Contributor
Message 8 of 39

Only one extension upstairs as far as I can see. Although there is no dial tone to that one.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 39

can you go to hub manager then troubleshooting then helpdesk and post stats 1-12

your stats posted in first post are old and your stats are now different hence your download speed is faster than your previous max attainable

WayneA
Contributor
Message 10 of 39

Certainly no problem.

stats.png

0 Ratings