Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thejoker00
Beginner
Message 81 of 336

Speed Issues Ibstock (01530)

Go to solution

I'm having some terrible issues with my broadband and HH5 today. From around 8am this morning I've been unable to correctly view and browse webpages, with some requiring two or three re-freshes before they will load. I've reset all my HH5 settings, starting with wireless (as I believe this was the issue) all the way through to a full factory reset. Unfortunately nothing seems to have solved my issue. Matters got worse this evening when I tried to have a bit of 'fun time' by turning on the PS4 but that won't even connect to the Playstation Network let alone allow me to online game. All speed testers seem to hit regular numbers (36-40mb down and 6/7mb up) but the actual speed I'm running seems slower than dial up! I've contacted the technical helpdesk and to be frank the lovely Indian man was incredibly rude, ending up by telling me he couldn't do anything for me as all their servers were down and that I'd have to call back tomorrow. All this the same day I've received an email from BT telling me my monthly fees are going up!! 

0 Ratings
Dean_
Contributor
Message 82 of 336

Re: Speed Issues Ibstock (01530)

Go to solution

Seems a few of us are in the same boat. Something major is going on...

0 Ratings
flytothemoon
Contributor
Message 83 of 336

Re: Poor browsing speed even with a connection speed of 40mb

Go to solution

I appreciate that the Moderators cannot read all of the posts on here, and this forum is very helpful.  However, I like probably many other customers today have called BT Customer Services, and obviously they try and help us as best they can, I even got a text message whilst out to say that they had done a line test, but thought that this was not the issue, but they were very helpful.

I appreciate as you state oiur "posts do not go to BT", but surely BT could have put a notice on the website similar to the announcement when you call 0800 169 01991 "we are currently improving the broadband network, and you may experience a temporary loss of service", if customers saw this on the Broadband Status Page, then it does go a little way to explain why BT Infinity users are suffering in certain areas.

All BT Customers want is to be kept up to date, and there may have been a lot less phone calls to Customer Services today and a lot less posts of the same genre on here today.

Thanks for your help, it is appreciated.

Droolio
Beginner
Message 84 of 336

Re: Slow page browsing

Go to solution

Same issue here in CO2 (using my own TP-Link router, wired, even tried switching between Google DNS and OpenDNS). This is not a speed issue as such - I've had internet radio playing all day today, along with IRC and SSH connections up constantly (apart from when I rebooted the router and Openreach modem). Speed tests are absolutely fine.

What I can see happening is new TCP connections hanging at random times. When it hangs on web pages, I just stop and reload and bam loads fine (about 90% of the time). Doing the online Tesco shop today was a nightmare as half the product images would randomly fail to load.

Comon' BT, at least acknowledge the problem so you can get working on a fix.

0 Ratings
MikeyC123
Contributor
Message 85 of 336

Re: Intermittent access in Otford (01959)

Go to solution
I wonder if BT has been well and truly "hacked" by some outfit and they are not prepare to acknowledge this due to the number of "clients" who would go ballistic, to see such a denial of service on a national scale is not normal. There is something fundamentally very wrong somewhere, either some mullet has released some national corrupt patch across the countries hubs or there is more to this. But but wont admit it due ot the backlash from corporate BT clients.
0 Ratings
Dean_
Contributor
Message 86 of 336

Outage in Suffolk area

Go to solution

Having major issues and it seem's everyone is tonight. Problem started yesteday and I'm strugging to load pages, and they never fully load.

Reset BTHUB and so on and so on.

Main PC, Laptop and macbook, ipads, practically all devices.

0 Ratings
MikeyC123
Contributor
Message 87 of 336

Re: Outage in Suffolk area

Go to solution
So frustrating, I feel even more sorry for those who are unplugging all their devices and resetting routers because some 1st line support engineer assumes we all broke our hubs in the same day !
0 Ratings
thejoker00
Beginner
Message 88 of 336

Go to solution

When I spoke to the tech department earlier they said they couldn't assist me with ANYTHING as all their servers and systems were down and that I needed to call back tomorrow. That sounds good eh?!

0 Ratings
derek918
Aspiring Expert
Message 89 of 336

Go to solution
Just thought I would copy/paste this post from earlier on, seems like an update won't be coming any time soon!

DavidM
Options
on ‎28-07-2015 16h19

Hi all,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We’re looking into it and will post back as soon as we have any updates for you.

Cheers

David
DavidM | BT.com Help Site | BT Service
Message 27 of 64 (318 Views)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
highpriest
Contributor
Message 90 of 336

Re: Poor browsing speed even with a connection speed of 40mb

Go to solution

Really poor in Winchester as well (download speeds around 5 Mbps). Second major issue in as many weeks.

But... there's this to look forward to!

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/54004

Just 9 months after the previous one.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/46728

Great job guys.

0 Ratings