Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AimeeLW
Aspiring Contributor
Message 101 of 336

Re: Slow page browsing

Go to solution

I'm also experiencing issues like everyone else, through on status page my area is not listed, I'm in South East London and area code is 0208, but its not any of the other 0208's currently listed on status page, so is frustrating and hope it still means my issue will be resolved when they fix the others :smileysad:

0 Ratings
borley
Aspiring Expert
Message 102 of 336

Go to solution

Im having problems in Chelmsford area code 01245, it does say Broomfield has problems which is near same area code. I  couldnt connect to GTA V on line and as otheres have said pages either taking ages or not loading, its funny if i press on them twice most of the time thay work.

Hope it gets sorted soon.

0 Ratings
Dean_
Contributor
Message 103 of 336

Re: Weird issue with infinity 2

Go to solution
Check the rest of the forums loads of topics on the 1st page. 🙂
0 Ratings
neologan
Beginner
Message 104 of 336

Re: Weird issue with infinity 2

Go to solution

Same problems here - today (past 18 hours) it's been shocking. web pages refuse to load, even signing up here took 25 minutes because of this. I usually use opendns and thought perhaps they have issues today, so switched to google dns. Same issues. Something is really wrong today, no question.

This is in Hertforshire (hoddesdon exchange).

Haven't really had a problem like this since moving to BT seven months ago.

0 Ratings
skips2clear
Beginner
Message 105 of 336

Go to solution

Im experienceing the same as you sadly Aimee 0208 (Croydon) but its not listed on the faults page and line tests coming back fine, in a way its good to see that soebody else from a local area is also having problems so i know its not just me, frustrating to say the least though!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
RichTeaBiscuit
Aspiring Contributor
Message 106 of 336

Go to solution

01293 (Horley) on an FTTP connection also suffering the same thing.

Not listed on the BT status page.

0 Ratings
Interoth
Message 107 of 336

Go to solution

Calling it now, bet it was caused by the Windows 10 auto-download on so many PC's. They started pre-loading around the same time I started experiencing issues.

0 Ratings
Droolio
Beginner
Message 108 of 336

Go to solution

I managed to successfully capture the issue with Wireshark - a 'good' and 'bad' page loading - for comparison. I'm by no means an expert at this nor especially at interpreting the data, so if anyone fancies having a look at the capture files here.

I basically created a simple static web page on my web host and force loaded (Ctrl-F5) to avoid the Firefox caching, then filtered by 'ip.addr == <my local ip> && ip.addr == <my web host ip>' to get only the interesting data.

All I can see is, instead of the usual HTTP 200 OK payload, it comes back with '[TCP Previous segment not captured] 80→* [FIN, ACK]'. Then lots of Keep-Alive's as Firefox still waits and waits.

0 Ratings
quiksilver1
Beginner
Message 109 of 336

Unbelievably Slow loading web, games lagging, dropping connection.

Go to solution

Ok, so this has been happening since the 27/07/2015 22:30. 

Web pages are needing to be refreshed over and over to get them to load. Games are literally dropping out, losing connection, the steam store page fails to load like 90% of the time without multiple refreshes.

Download speed itself and Upload seems ok. 

This is happening on every device in my house, i asked a friend with the same internet about this and he currently has the same problem. 

Im in leicester. (01162)

I phoned BT, and all i got was some indian chap who i couldnt understand tell me something about "BT is down, have a nice day" or something. 

0 Ratings
altitude2k
Beginner
Message 110 of 336

Re: Unbelievably Slow loading web, games lagging, dropping connection.

Go to solution
I get the same issue. Had to press "reply" on your post 3 times before it worked!

Web pages need to be refreshed, and emails are delayed sending or receiving. Actual speed is 36 down, 9 up so speed is not the issue. I've tried redirecting my DNS to Google, but that didn't have an effect. I'm in Northampton.

Looking in these forums, it seems to be a frequent occurrence on BT - having only just signed up I don't have particularly warm, fuzzy feelings about my decision.
0 Ratings