Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tiggerthefox
Beginner
Message 261 of 336

Re: Slow page browsing

Go to solution

Here's a screen grab edit of the @BTCare Twitter page from around 20 minutes ago regarding the company, or at least its social media bods, finally holding its hands up to the problem.

There have been a number of similar posts throughout the day responding to queries from Infinity users up and down the country.

It does make me splutter, however, when they say 'some BT customers' when it probably should read 'most BT customers'...

BT_Twitter Update.JPG

0 Ratings
milhousevh
Contributor
Message 262 of 336

Go to solution

@NeilO: Thanks for the update. While this problem is incredibly annoying, sh*t happens and now that you've identified the fault it will be fixed. However, as a new BT customer, my biggest concern remains the lack of transparency and subsequent grief and time wasting BT has caused its customers by not publicly acknowledging this issue sooner, and is still yet to acknowledge anywhere but on this forum.

What's the point in having a "Service Status" page if it's full of misinformation? This incident has ensured the BT Service Status page has zero credibility.

0 Ratings
AlanLamb
Message 263 of 336

Go to solution
Agreed, not updating the service status page is the most annoying part of it, I spent ages trying to figure this out and talking to BT reps who just wanted to waste my time with an engineer visit
0 Ratings
kwpc1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 264 of 336

Go to solution

BT have spent the last three days giving their customers the runaround, getting them to check their cables, router and computers for a fault they knew damned well was nothing to do with the end user.

How ironic they just sent out a few hundred thousand emails telling us all they were going to increase prices?

It's not that problems don't happen from time to time. It's how you deal with them that counts. Treating your customers with utter contempt is unacceptable. As soon as there is an alternative around here we'll be jumping ship.

enzbabe
Message 265 of 336

Go to solution

Having exactly the same problem - have been happening last few days!  Usually a good connection.

Is this on windows only or mac too?  I have windows - it's just installed the latest windows update (but I haven't upgraded to 10), also my antivirus F-Secure has recently updated as well.  I'm wondering if there are any links between the two?

Or if it is just the bt infinity there is an issue with?

0 Ratings
kwpc1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 266 of 336

Go to solution

It's on everything as far as I can tell. I have a Win7 PC and iMac here and it's the same on both.

meddc
Aspiring Contributor
Message 267 of 336

Go to solution

Just one more comment on the service status page... the problems that are listed are so vague as to be absolutely useless. There is no description of how these issues might manifest themselves, so customers reading them don't really know whether they refer to their problem or not. The don't mention who might be affected, or what's being done, or when it might be resolved - just to check back for updates (which never happen). It really is the most useless service status page I've ever seen (that's why I ended up trawling the forums).

0 Ratings
Highlighted
milhousevh
Contributor
Message 268 of 336

Go to solution

@enzbabe wrote:

Having exactly the same problem - have been happening last few days!  Usually a good connection.

Is this on windows only or mac too?  I have windows - it's just installed the latest windows update (but I haven't upgraded to 10), also my antivirus F-Secure has recently updated as well.  I'm wondering if there are any links between the two?

Or if it is just the bt infinity there is an issue with?

It's a BT network issue (fibre and ADSL) and has nothing to do with end user equipment (all operating systems are affected equally).

milhousevh
Contributor
Message 269 of 336

Go to solution

@meddc wrote:

Just one more comment on the service status page... the problems that are listed are so vague as to be absolutely useless. There is no description of how these issues might manifest themselves, so customers reading them don't really know whether they refer to their problem or not. The don't mention who might be affected, or what's being done, or when it might be resolved - just to check back for updates (which never happen). It really is the most useless service status page I've ever seen (that's why I ended up trawling the forums).

The issue that only briefly appeared before being yanked within an hour or two was pretty unambiguous: "BT customers are having trouble loading webpages". Perhaps it wasn't sufficiently vague? 😉

https://www.flickr.com/photos/26589495@N05/20117933631/

0 Ratings
Sparky225
Contributor
Message 270 of 336

Go to solution

I have renewed my contract only yesterday and hence I have 14 Days to change my mind.

The Infinity is good overall when it’s working, but when you get issues like this it’s We Don’t Have a Problem and first line Support is outrageously rubbish for this size of company (bring back to the UK).

So my question to the forum is..

If I change my ISP to another provider I am of the understanding it will be BT Infrastructure to my premises (cable to exchange) then would the new ISP route my traffic via their own network and say not use BT routing/DNS etc.

I am thinking of pulling out of my BT contract I am fed up with this ????

I guess no XBOX tonight !!Smiley Embarassed

0 Ratings