Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
veeeight
Contributor
Message 311 of 336

Re: Slow page browsing

Go to solution
Considerable Improvement in the CW1 and CW2 area.

Fingers crossed this is finally resolved.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 312 of 336

Go to solution

@zenfugee wrote:

Virgin order placed.  Not in the hope or expectation of being treated with any less contempt, but because I am out of contract, Virgin is marginally cheaper and it's hard to see how they could be any more crappy.

See http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Speed/bd-p/Speed

flytothemoon
Contributor
Message 313 of 336

Go to solution

Running very well today, thanks forum Gurus & Mods - much appreciated!

0 Ratings
Mike1944
Message 314 of 336

Go to solution

zenfugee; believe me Virgin can be worse via BT line. I left them after putting up with the awful service for years, and poor speeds, a few years ago. Had 6Mb  which dwindled to 4Mb and on a busy peak period 200kb!!!
Only advantage with them was that you could visit their service page and see what systems were down and when they were likely to return, at least they had the decency to tell you when something was wrong. Nothing more annoying than a company telling you nothing is wrong and it's your equipment at fault and you have to waste your time checking it. Urghhh!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 315 of 336

Go to solution

Hi guys,

Thanks for all your comments, I can confirm that the fix overnight has been successful – apologies again to all those who were affected.

The cause of the problem was identified quickly, but to minimise disruption the fix needed to be implemented overnight.  We’ve also noted your feedback on the bt.com service status checker.

Thanks,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
tiggerthefox
Beginner
Message 316 of 336

Go to solution

Early signs that service has returned to pre-fault norm in DE22 (Derby exchange). Hope it lasts...

0 Ratings
lonegroover
Aspiring Contributor
Message 317 of 336

Go to solution

What was the cause of the problem?

0 Ratings
aoxm84
Expert
Message 318 of 336

Go to solution

My connection has been almost unusable due to this issue for the last 2 days, but it's fixed now. I've never seen a network-level issue this bad on any other ISP, and I've been with quite a few.

0 Ratings
JackOfAll
Beginner
Message 319 of 336

Go to solution

Well, I'm just glad it has been fixed. I give-up trying to figure out why, when BT had a fault that was affecting most of their customer base, not just people from one specific area, they chose not to mention it on their service status page.

0 Ratings
ryleenicole
Beginner
Message 320 of 336

Slow Browsing

Go to solution

Like the others, slow browsing for me started 3-4 days ago.  I know you state that it's fixed, but I'm still getting the same issue, nothing's changed, at least not for me anyway. DE14 Burton on Trent area.  Internet is barely useable for me. Every webpage has to be refreshed 2-3 times before it'll load, otherwise it 'hangs' on connecting.

0 Ratings