Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smokeymacpot
Beginner
Message 111 of 336

Re: Slow page browsing

Go to solution

mine is doing this too in 01522 area. doesnt load webpages properly and i have to keep hitting stop and refresh over and over to get the pages to load.

0 Ratings
quiksilver1
Beginner
Message 112 of 336

Re: Unbelievably Slow loading web, games lagging, dropping connection.

Go to solution

As far as i know, BT are actively doing nothing to solve this problem. WHen i asked the guy on the phone he didnt really say anything other than what i quoted in my OP. 

my BT contract ends in august im gonna give Virgin a go.

0 Ratings
rhomb
Contributor
Message 113 of 336

Go to solution

Amazed this is still not fixed 24h later. Must be huge, something like a core upgrade gone wrong.

0 Ratings
Automan
Aspiring Expert
Message 114 of 336

Re: BT Infinity Slow in Area, Can access some websites quickly but not others

Go to solution

Still the same issue today at 06:15 in the morning Smiley Sad

Perhaps, like our railways, they now have too many customers and the network cannot handle it let alone their plans for UHD TV this month...

0 Ratings
Suzy1
Message 115 of 336

Go to solution

This is so frustrating!  I work from home, it's the month end on Friday and I only get paid for the time I actually work.  So far I think this has cost me £200 - which I really needed from next month's wages for the expensive summer holidays.  I just cannot get on my work's system.  I was really hoping that when I logged in this morning it would be sorted.  What really annoys me is a lack of information from BT.  When I check my phone number apparently I'm having no issues (Derby)!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 116 of 336

Go to solution

@Suzy1 wrote:

This is so frustrating!  I work from home, it's the month end on Friday and I only get paid for the time I actually work.  So far I think this has cost me £200 - which I really needed from next month's wages for the expensive summer holidays.  I just cannot get on my work's system.  I was really hoping that when I logged in this morning it would be sorted.  What really annoys me is a lack of information from BT.  When I check my phone number apparently I'm having no issues (Derby)!

If you are working for a company, or are self employed, then you should be on a BT Business broadband connection if you want a better service, especially if its costing you money.

If you are actually running a business, then BT do not permit that anyway, on the residential service.

0 Ratings
McGrath1982
Expert
Message 117 of 336

Go to solution
Same here in Crewe Cheshire CW1 just takes ages to load web pages they refuse to load come on BT.....
0 Ratings
Suzy1
Message 118 of 336

Go to solution

Will look into that thanks.  But I suspect I'll just be paying more money for the same service - call me cynical.  And no I'm not running a business from home.

0 Ratings
quiksilver1
Beginner
Message 119 of 336

Go to solution
What does this have to do with anything. The service is currently terrible. Fix it.

The customer service is as bad as my internet right now.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 120 of 336

Go to solution

@Suzy1 wrote:

Will look into that thanks.  But I suspect I'll just be paying more money for the same service - call me cynical.  And no I'm not running a business from home.

BT Business have a lower contention ratio, so you would not be sharing your connection with as many users.

There are no complaints about slow loading on the BT Business forums.

I suspect that the slow loading is probably due to network congestion, possibly caused by lots of residential users downloading Windows 10. There is not going to be a quick fix for this. Business users tend not to initially bother with new OS, in case it impacts on their operation.

0 Ratings