Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lonegroover
Aspiring Contributor
Message 251 of 336

Re: Slow page browsing

Go to solution

It certainly isn't a router issue; I've tried two already with the same result and neither is a HomeHub. Two different computers as well.

0 Ratings
Message 252 of 336

Go to solution

Hi all

We’re sorry for the problems some BT customers are experiencing when trying to load websites.

We’ve identified an issue in the BT Network which we believe is causing the problems you’ve been posting about. We will resolve this as quickly as possible, but the nature of the work means we may need to do it overnight, tonight.

We’ll post again on this thread to update you on progress. Just to pick up on the Windows 10 point – we aren’t experiencing any issues as a result of the release.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
zenfugee
Beginner
Message 253 of 336

Go to solution
Why is there still no reference to this widespread issue in "Service status across the UK"?
0 Ratings
freddie5
Aspiring Expert
Message 254 of 336

Go to solution
You say you've identified the issue which you believe is causing the problem yet when I click on "BT Service Status" in your profile it still states I have no issues!!

Comical.
0 Ratings
milhousevh
Contributor
Message 255 of 336

Go to solution

@john46 wrote:

if you read post 34 you will see a post from the forum mods BT are aware of the problem and the problem is currently being investigated

Why then, did the issue briefly appear in the status page only to be yanked an hour or two later?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/26589495@N05/20117933631/

Anyone looking for accurate information from the Service Status page (assuming they can access it) would come away with the impression there is no problem with the BT network (at least as far as websites not loading), which we all know is not true.

0 Ratings
FooFan73
Contributor
Message 256 of 336

Go to solution

@zenfugee wrote:
Why is there still no reference to this widespread issue in "Service status across the UK"?

Because no doubt if they did admit it to a larger number of customers it might actualy lead to them having to compensate us all in some way

No, far better to let customers who don't know of these forums continue to call the call centre in India and be told useless 'advice' to try or that it's somehow the customer's fault and that'll be £125 for an engineer visit thankyouverymuch  Smiley Mad

0 Ratings
Oddius09
Aspiring Expert
Message 257 of 336

Go to solution

@john46 wrote:

if you read post 34 you will see a post from the forum mods BT are aware of the problem and the problem is currently being investigated

That was yesterday yet we are still in the dark, I hope BT will be providing some form of recompense though I seriously doubt it hmm sorry we need more money to pay for premier league football.

Hmm in the time I took to post I see we have an update from Nielo.

0 Ratings
MBR123
Expert
Message 258 of 336

Go to solution

@NeilO. I dont suppose this fault with the network also has anything to do with the Home Hub 5 rebooting lately, every moring at 9.11a.m. on the dot? NeilO I have just put my telephone number in the service status box and it says there is a fault with broadband in my area, would this have something to do with my HH5 rebooting lately?can you find out what the problem is for me please?

Please click on white star to the left and say thanks if I have helped you at all!. 🙂 Thank you. Some handy links Copy & Paste:-
http://bthomehub.home/
http://netalyzr.icsi.berkeley.edu/index.html
http://diagnostics.bt.com/login/?workflow=Speed
0 Ratings
lonegroover
Aspiring Contributor
Message 259 of 336

Go to solution

Thanks Neil, please update your status page to reflect this. At the moment I'm informed that there are no known issues in my area (01530) which you seem to accept is not correct.

0 Ratings
meddc
Aspiring Contributor
Message 260 of 336

Go to solution

I appreciate the update from NeilO. However, rather than just update here, I agree with other comments that the service status page should be updated regularly with any updates. I only found this topic by accident.

The problem seems to have got worse in the last hour or so with a higher proportion of requests failing. 😞

0 Ratings