Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 1 of 7

Slow "SuperFast" Broadband.

Go to solution

On 24 / 04 / 2018 I contracted with BT for Superfast Fibre 1 Unlimited.   I entered into the contract on the basis of being provided with estimated speeds of 58Mbps. In practice I’m only achieving speeds of 45Mbps.   I complained about this on the 15th Nov. I have no idea what has happened because all it says on my BT account is...   "We've finished monitoring your broadband speed Reference number : XXXXX Fault Reported : 15 Nov 2019"   The last 2 days my Internet has been going on and off constantly and my phone line was crackling really badly, I reported this 24 hours ago and arranged for an engineer to come out this Thursday, 6th Dec. But within 4 hours the problem was fixed and broadband connection is currently fine and no crackling on the phone line; So I cancelled the engineer today.   Then I did a few speed checks using BTs speed check and a few others and saw that my speed is 45mbs when 58 is guaranteed and 68mbs is my normal speed.   I then tried to contact you online (I'm tired of talking on the phone and being asked to do the simple home checks over and over again) I know the fault is not in my home, It's with BT.   This is the reply I got from contacting BT through online form.....   " Response... Hello, Sorry, we’ve stopped using this e-mail. But we still want to help. Please call us on 0800 800 150. Regards, Digital Care"   I am now fed up with reporting faults and contacting BT, no need to reply to this I'm just venting.   I just want to inform BT of the following......   I contracted with you for Superfast Fibre 1 Unlimited.   I entered into the contract on the basis of being provided with estimated speeds of 58Mbps. In practice I’m only achieving speeds of 45Mbps.   We've finished monitoring your broadband speed Reference number : XXXXXFault Reported : 15 Nov 2019   I am formally notifying you of this poor service and expect you to resolve it within 14 days. If you are unable to do so, I consider you in breach of contract and will be writing to request I leave my contract immediately and without penalty as outlined in Ofcom’s Code of Practice.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
pippincp
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Slow "SuperFast" Broadband.

Go to solution

First, remove your VOL numberr, that is personal to you and hence a security risk. If you've left it to long a mod will remove it for you when they start later today.

Second, no one gets an estimated speed of one number, it is usually between 2 figures eg between 40mb and 58mb along with a guaranteed minimum usually slightly less.

By all means carry on ranting but at least be sure of your position.

The OFCOM code of practice states you must give your ISP 30 days to rectify a problem and if they can't then you can be released from contract without penalty. It also depends on when your contract came into force. If previous to 1st March 2019 then you are covered by the 1st October 2015 agreement.

More info here. https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/information-for-industry/codes-of-practice .

If you want help for your problem feel free to post back and ask.

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution
@pippincp
Thanks for your advice, but no thanks, I'm tired of BT trying to help and not getting anywhere, can a mod. just delete this post and close my forum account please, thanks again, kind regards, Des.
0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution
By the way, The speed test where done on a few sites, Ookla, Broadband Speed Checker, Broadband Speed Test, Which, BT Speed Test and Ofcoms which all said my download max speed was 45mbs, and incidentally the Ofcom part of this post was generated by Ofcom after I entered all my details and they emailed that to post, so either you are wrong or Ofcom is wrong, my contract started April 2018 so it looks like I can leave now anyway. Thanks again, kind regards, Des
0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution
Could a Mod Close and Delete my BT Community account please ? thanks.
0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @Anonymous,

I'll get your request sent over to the Community manager to get your account closed at your request.

Cheers,

Robbie

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution
Thanks @RobbieMac 😉
0 Ratings