cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 31 of 45

Re: Slow slow slow

Your firmware is obviously up to date. One last thing to check just to rule it out. Do you have another Ethernet cable you could use to connect the hub and modem. I suspect you will have used the same one when you made the direct connection but it is just to make sure there is not a problem with one of the end connectors being loose.

0 Ratings
bikeit
Contributor
Message 32 of 45

I will try another cable, 

0 Ratings
bikeit
Contributor
Message 33 of 45

Tried another cable, it works just as good as the other cable, but when ypu go back to wireless the speed just now is 0.86mbps, this is getting really really frustrating, does no one from BT look at these post. how do i go about raisning this issue with BT

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 34 of 45

This is a BT residential customer to customer forum. Your post does not go to BT. The only BT staff are the forum moderators who do not necessarily read all the posts.

It would appear that you have a faulty Homehub. You need to contact BT  0800 111 4567 and report a fault. Inform them what you have done to establish that the Homehub is faulty but they will no doubt want to go through their own check list. They will eventually get to the bit that tells them to replace the hub. As long as you are still in contract a replacement should be free.

bikeit
Contributor
Message 35 of 45

Thanks buddy for all you help and patience once again, i emailed BT still waiting on a responce, i am out of contract, if i was to get a HH 5 would i just need to plug it into the white modem and away i go?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 36 of 45

You don't need a modem with the HH5, just plug it into the master socket.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
Highlighted
bikeit
Contributor
Message 37 of 45

So do i just plug in the HH 5 into the master socket and away i go, oh after i put in my user name and password?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 38 of 45

you just plug in the HH5 no username and password are needed as the are preset in the hub
Distinguished Guru
Message 39 of 45

If you're on BT Infinity, the HH5 just plugs in and away you go. No need for a username and password.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 40 of 45

You will need to re-contract and make it part of the deal that you get a HH5. You could always buy your own router for anything from £20 upwards and use that with the Openreach modem or buy a VDSL modem/router if you don't want to use the Openreach modem rather than re-contracting.

EDIT: You would be better calling them than using email. If you want to recontract call the Options Team 0800.800.030 and hold out for the HH5 if that is what you want.

0 Ratings