cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bikeit
Contributor
Message 41 of 45

Re: Slow slow slow

So if i didnt wnat to use a BT HH5 what other VDSL Modem / routers would you guys recommend?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 42 of 45

Stick to the brand names. Netgear, Asus, Billion, Draytek and TP-Link all make good VDSL modem/routers

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 43 of 45

There is still the option to use the Openreach modem with the HH5 - that's plug and play too.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
bikeit
Contributor
Message 44 of 45

Update, got a call from BT earlier to see if they could solve the slow speed issue, they done got me to do all the usual stuff reset the openreach box reset the HH3 box and the speeds rose from 0.8mbps to 37.85mbps, so the operater informed me that the problem was now solved which i informed him when i done just what he got me to do the speeds also rose but that the speeds drop after about 15 / 20 minutes, so i suggested that i could change the channel on the hub from 6 to another channel but he did not recommend me to mess around with wireless settings, surely changing channels will not do any harm, or will it?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 45 of 45

You can change wifi channel without causing problems

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.