cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Slow speed after Halo upgrade

A few weeks ago I changed my service to Halo Fibre, expecting to get a speed uplift. At first speed was a bit slower rather than faster, but I  decided to wait to see if it improved. Instead speed has dropped so dramatically it badly affects performance at times. My case has been 'pending' for over a week but I guess there will be a response soon. However, I would like to prepare myself with clarification of some issues as follows:

1. Even before the current failure I was only getting around 27 mbs download compared to the 32 mbs before upgrading. It was fairly stable around both these figures, at different times of the day (checked via both BT and Ookla. How long can I expect to have to wait before I get a response?

2. In the last week speed dropped to only 4 to 6 mbs so I spoke to a tech on the phone, who told me that the speed I was getting was slower than the speed shown at his end, even after he remotely disconnected / reconnected my hub and some other fixes were tried. He could see that there was a case pending and understandingly suggested I wait for a response

3. However, one thing we discovered was that speed is much slower using my  Ethernet Cable  (4 to 6 mps) compared to WiFi 27 mps)  Is this not the opposite of what is expected? I changed the Ethernet USB Adapter to another one, with the same results

4. I have not yet been able to find the Agreement email BT sent me but from memory I think I should have been getting 47 mps (guarenteed and a maximum around 60 mps) which is what I was expecting

I have very little expertise in this area, despite being a BTC Broadband / phoneline customer for many years, so I am trying to prepare myself for the next development

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Slow speed after Halo upgrade

Halo 1 and 2 are just add ons to the broadband package they do not give any increase in speed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Slow speed after Halo upgrade

Hi @clayto thanks for posting, I'm sorry to see you're having problems with your broadband speed. From what you've mentioned in point 3 it would appear to be a problem with the ethernet connection as you're still getting 27Mb via wifi. Do you use an adapter to convert an ethernet cable into a USB connection? Have you tried with an alternative cable and tried the other available ethernet ports on the Hub?

0 Ratings