cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 10

Slow speed and upload issue?

Numroues appoinments wiv bt online sturting upload stuck streams stuck or some urls stop responding when contact is errors is bt superfast fibre 2 as been credit to account because as been same problem ongoing two yrs first yr i didnt complain payed for something that it was not reliable for after first yr when moved same problems even on a third party router im sure bt hubs software is edited speeds not the real speed sometime can be fast slows down doesnt stay fast stable for long since error was removed because of crossed line someone apparently it was had my number bandwidth is still up & down like a yoyo bt promise €20 credit if not stayfast 50mbs download this should not cause drops upload url bar stuck ps4 pro imagers what was slow appearing appear faster url  upload bar  still get stuck  sometimes videos get stuck dont play have to refresh ps4 browser im sure isp is tapjaccking and throttleing speeds was fast when error removed has gone back to same only what i can suggest contact bt support is a 0800 number explainissue your faceing and your requesting componsation or your sending proof to another provider to take procceedings will find will get a good result outcome

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Expert
Message 2 of 10

Slow speed and upload issue?

If you have a Dell machine, then check if software called SmartByte has been installed by Dell.

This has caused many problems (do an Internet search).

The company responsible Rivet Networks say that you need to update to the latest version,
but I removed it and the return to top speed was dramatic.

Richard

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 10

Re: Slow speed and upload issue?

Hi @Jase2k9 

Welcome to the Community and thanks for your post!  I have moved your post to create your own discussion thread as you'll get the best advice this way.

I'm sorry for the slow speed and the upload problems that you have had.  Can you post a screenshot of your hub/router stats so we can see what speed you're currently getting?  Also, enter your number here and send a screenshot of the results (without posting personal info) - http://www.dslchecker.bt.com

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 10

Re: Superfast fibre plus (67MB) - slower speed than expected

*Edit* useing tp link AC1600 wireless Gigabit VDSL/ADSL Router model VR600

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 10

@Jase2k9 

Please edit out your phone number, as this is a public forum.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 10

robbie connection wasnt stable from begining from first installation upload freezers videos sturting imagers takeing few sec to appear opt in out browser freezers actual keyboard takeing awhile to appear & ps4 pro system errors numrous ive been a payed customer two yrs since change of address same issues when moved numrous bt hubs accurreing errors in hub apparantly a crossed line apoarantly it was someone else tht had my number since reconnection this mth was fast stable uploads no freezers imagers appearing alot quicker after a few days it became unstable again same issues freezers uploads lagging opt freezers ect so only alternative method was snipp a dsl cable hardwire to mk4 faceplate put tplink into wireless router mode known as Vlan method was successful connection was stable again after a few days it began to be unstable again also i noticed hardwireing droped bandwidth speed i ripped wire ect removed still drop in speeds taken a few days until speed whent back up is anoying speeds up & down like a yoyo causeing unstabability issues what cost per month does not meet requirments is very poor service why would a high optimial fibre optic need to be optimised by isp to keep stable why hubs manafactured a few sense currency to install components product budget is very cheapley made imo as not got beamforming no monitoring to scan error packets no server mapping location to choose best server like high end gameing routers what have these features 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 10

sorry but I find it very difficult to read and follow your post  if your line is unstable can you check for line noise   dial 17070 option2  should be silent and best with corded phone.  if you have phone extension sockets in other rooms then best done from test socket with a filter

can you post connection stats from your tplink router

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 8 of 10

robbie mac. ive configured tp link router to prioritise known as  QOS this as improved both ethernet & wifi speeds bandwidth 

Screenshot_20191103-013105.png

1.850 GB downloads in 5min since feature as been configured iver cable cannot handle traffic speeds or is a network problem 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 9 of 10

dsl check is vdsl not Adsl router can support both

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 10 of 10

no is not a dell is tp link adsl/vdsl wirless router modem archer VR600 AC 1600 hardware version2 as got QOS to proritise percentage between each device this as improved bandwidth when useing android as improved speed the router can handle 1000mbs on a fibre optic 

0 Ratings