cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 17

Re: Slow speed due to distance from 'box' no solution from BT or Openreach

Go to solution

Openreach confirmed that 23Mbps is the best I can get from their fibre network at this address. This was not clear from BT when I signed up, but in any case it doesn't matter. I need faster to work from home. BT cannot provide it. Openreach have no plan to upgrade. It pains me to have to switch to Virgin, I don't want to, but if BT can't provide then I'll need to switch i guess. I'm not after compensation, on the contrary if BT/Openreach could offer a solution, I would gladly take it. The community funding wont fly, since neighbours using internet for work are on Virgin, and others don't need faster for general home use.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 17

Go to solution

You wouldn't get compensation as your welcome email would have been clear of what speeds to expect giving you an opportunatey to cancel if they weren't good enough for you.

You would also have been informed of the expected speed when you ran the check to see if VDSL (FTTC) was available to you before ordering.

This is my estimate.

2021-04-17 15_47_55-Broadband Deals _ Compare our Best Internet Deals _ BT — Mozilla Firefox.png

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 17

Go to solution

I'm looking for a solution that doesn't involve switching provider. I don't care about compensation.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 17

Go to solution

For the umpteenth time of asking, if you post the requested information we can see if there is a fault with your line or if your speed is the best you can hope to achieve.

Hub stats and checker result https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 17

Go to solution

Easy tiger, it's only the second time of asking, results below. ADSL-check.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 17

Go to solution

Your speed does seem to align with the estimate , so it’s really a case of putting up with what you have , while waiting to see if FTTP comes to your location, explore FTTPod  (this requires a change of provider as BT don’t offer it,  and can be very expensive as you pay the construction costs to get FTTP ) or pay ETC and join VM .

You have simply misunderstood the way providers are required to advertise broadband if you thought you could ever get 60Mb +

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 17

Go to solution

Yes I know its my bad, was just hoping for a solution from BT to save me changing provider. Thanks for info.

0 Ratings