cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lyns87
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Slow speed on BT Superfast Fibre 2 after contract renewal

We recently renewed our contract on 10th June 19. We had been getting around 75mbps/20mbps DL/UL for the last 2-3 years in this property with no issues, but on 20th June the internet disconnected around 1am (normal time for reconnections/change of speeds) and has since reconnected at only 55/10mbps. We contacted phone support a couple days after the 20th June, who were not very helpful - they suggested the exchange may be overloaded (seems odd that it only became an issue after renewal) & that the speed may go up after a while. Eventually they also said the line had a fault and would send someone out to fix it, then would follow it up with a call. This never occured and we never got a phone call follow up.

The line has been up since with no further disconnects, we were giving it 14 days to see if the exchange would increase the speed as I have read that sometimes with a contract renewal your profile is also reset but there has been absolutely no changes to speed since. The upload speed is quite low and suggests to me our profile may have been set to Superfast Fibre 1 as I believe it is 55/10mbps maximum, rather than Superfast Fibre 2 which is what we should be on. 

I have tried the quiet line test which was silent as expected and have attached my router stats, the BT DSL checker for my phone number and also the BT wholesale speed test.

Any help would be appreciated as we do make use of the faster speeds which we have become accustomed to and the reason for us continuing to use your company as our provider. I would hope this could be quickly rectified and that we would not need to look elsewhere for an alternative service provider which can provide this.bt2.JPGbt3.JPGbt1.JPG

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Slow speed on BT Superfast Fibre 2 after contract renewal

It looks like you are Superfast Fibre 1. 

Stats show your data rate capped at 10.00 Mbps and 55Mbps when it can obviously go faster.

You will need to contact BT and have them put you on the correct package.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

Looks like BT have made an error and on your renewal gave switched you to superfast 1 which is 55/10mb. Phone the options team who should be able to help 0800800030

if they cannot help then post back and can see if mods will help you

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Hi @Lyns87,

Did you manage to get this sorted? If not, I'll be able to help you get your connection back up to speed.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact me. You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Lyns87
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

I tried the phone number given but was unsuccessful. The support agents did not understand what I was trying to explain, believing I was asking to upgrade to Superfast Fibre 2, which is what already shows in my account. They also again suggested exchange congestion among other things.

I have replied to the private message with all the required information. Thanks for looking into this.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

@Lyns87 wrote:

I tried the phone number given but was unsuccessful. The support agents did not understand what I was trying to explain, believing I was asking to upgrade to Superfast Fibre 2, which is what already shows in my account. They also again suggested exchange congestion among other things.

I have replied to the private message with all the required information. Thanks for looking into this.

You're welcome @Lyns87 

We'll get in touch with you when you reach the top of our email queue.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings