Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
snapper69
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 33

Slow speed on Superfast Fibre 2

Go to solution

I have recently (19.06.19) moved back to BT on Superfast Fibre 2. I was previously on Sky and I was getting (on a good day) up to 60 Mbps. Rather than use the HH6, I installed a Draytek 130 Modem and my D-Link DIR-890L tri band router. The speeds were appalling (15 Mbps/2Mbps) and there were frequent "drop outs". I dug out my trusty BT Openreach fibre modem and the speed shot up to 25/7 and the "drop outs" virtually disappeared. 

Since I did that, the speeds have slowly crept up and last night (using the U switch checker) it was up to 49/16. I then tested it using the BT wholesale tester and got 45/14. I ran the diagnostic tool and it said that there was nothing wrong and that my ip profile was 53Mbps, could that be incorrect?

According to the BT dsl checker I should get 64 to 75. I live less than 100 yards from the fibre cabinet and when it was installed a few years ago, the engineer said that it wouldn't be any better if I lived in the exchange. 

0 Ratings
32 REPLIES 32
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 33

Re: Slow speed on Superfast Fibre 2

Go to solution

if you are only 100yds from your street cabinet then I would expect a speed of easily 80mb unless you have a very poor line.  I am 100m roughly from my cabinet and have had 80mb connection since getting FTTC

can you post some stats which may not be possible unless modem unlocked

enter your phone number and post results  https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

try quiet line test  dial 17070 option 2 should be silent and best with corded phone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
snapper69
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 33

Go to solution

BT Speed.PNG

0 Ratings
snapper69
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 33

Go to solution

BT speed diag.PNG

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 33

Go to solution

need some information from modem/router showing connection speed, noise margin, internet connection time etc

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
snapper69
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 33

Go to solution

How do I get that data?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 33

Go to solution

Can you access the modem or is that locked as most information will be held by modem

0 Ratings
snapper69
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 33

Go to solution

I’m afraid that I don’t know, I can access my router but  not my modem. Would it be easier if I installed my HH6?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 33

Go to solution

Hi @snapper69   I would definitely connect using the HH6 and give it 72 hours for DLM to do its work. It is the Technical Log that he is looking for.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 33

Go to solution

It would help if you connected the hh6 instead of existing modem and router then stats are advanced settings then technical log information 

0 Ratings