Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sage
Sage
Message 11 of 33

Re: Slow speed on Superfast Fibre 2

Go to solution

@VeteranISPUser  No need to wait for 72 hrs. One disconnect while switching routers won't affect DLM.

0 Ratings
snapper69
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 33

Go to solution

HH6.PNG

0 Ratings
snapper69
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 33

Go to solution

Is there anything else that you need? I notice that the data rate is 20/56.72, does that mean that I'm not getting the full "up to 80 Mbps"?

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 14 of 33

Go to solution

Your uptime is only 3 hours is this due you you restarting the hub?

Check for noise on your line 17070 option 2, best with corded phone.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 33

Go to solution

@pippincp @I think the short uptime is due to switch from using modem to the hh6

have you tried connecting to the test socket with a filter to see if that improves your connection?  It may not improve actual connection speed initially but may well get attainable up to the dslchecker results estimated range

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
snapper69
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 33

Go to solution

The HH6 is connected to the top socket of a twin socket box, which is hidden away behind some furniture, not easily acceptable. I presume that I need to remove the faceplate and plug it into the hidden socket?

I don’t have a corded phone, I have tried the test with a cordless phone, there was a very slight crackle.

0 Ratings
snapper69
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 33

Go to solution

Just a thought, previously I was with Sky Broadband and I used to get mid to high 60's, when I swapped back to BT, I disconnected the Sky router and used the same cables to connect the equipment for Sky (Draytek modem, openreach modem and HH6) at which point the speed dropped dramatically.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 33

Go to solution

you could try just connecting the HH6 to the master socket and see it your speed improves

if you check line again even with cordless and you get any noise apart from a dull hum then you have a problem and needs to be reported to 151  however I would try connecting to test socket with filter just to eliminate internal wiring and faceplate as being the problem and potentially save yourself the £85 call out

test-socket-thumb.jpg

test socket shown by black arrow.  you need to remove the middle section shown by yellow arrow

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
snapper69
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 33

Go to solution

Ok, thanks. I will try to access the box at the weekend and do the test. I'll also see if I can get a corded phone to try the line test.

0 Ratings
snapper69
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 33

Go to solution

Sorry for the delay, due to back problems, I've been unable to connect the Smart Hub to the test socket. Have tried the quiet line test (with a cordless phone) and it was silent. I have been trying to run a speed test but I keep getting an error:

"We're sorry, something went wrong and we can't run a speedtest."

Hub manager still shows

Data Rate     20.00 Mbps / 59.99 Mbps

Max Data Rate      21228 / 65579                                  

0 Ratings