cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
newborn
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 50

Slow speeds after factory reset..

so maybe over a week ago I did a factory reset on my home hub.. as I thought it may fix an issue we've had for awhile, basically sometimes at random times our hub would go red and cannot connect to broadband... we have BT INFINTY 2. and our normal speed is around 46 down, uppon the factory reset it has fallen to around 20-25, we used to get 46, our broadband is a guarteed minimal of 40.. so what is goin going on?

I have BTHOMEHUB5.

0 Ratings
49 REPLIES 49
newborn
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 50

Re: Slow speeds after factory reset..

well i switched hub off completly  last night for 30 seconds speed appears to have returned to normal.

0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 50

Looks like the new Infinity 1 52/10 package would be ideal for you at a lower cost.

0 Ratings
newborn
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 50

Never mind speed has fallen again..

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 50

You need to be aware of the difference between downstream connection speed and achieved data download speed for a particular test/task.

The guaranteed speed of 40 is referring to downstream connection speed. The HH5 interface stats in Troubleshooting > Helpdesk show your current up/down connection speeds (line 6 data rate).

Post lines 1 - 12 of the stats and people might be able to offer advice.
0 Ratings
newborn
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 50

I understand but our connections used to be a steady 46 down all year round.. issue happened when I reset the hub to factory settings and when I reset it jumps up to 40-41 down and stays but it only lasts awhile before fallen again.

I shall post the information when I get home
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 50

But it's not clear if you are talking about connection speed or achieved data download speed.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 50

Were you getting those numbers from the Hub stats or from download speed tests?
If the BT Wholesale speed test are you talking about download speed or downstream IP profile?

Anyway your current stats will show the current connection speed and some other useful info.
0 Ratings
newborn
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 50

Sorry I should of been more specific I meant the ip profile \ speedtest websites. We used to get 46 down but upon a factory reset it falls to around 25 down and if I reset the hub it jumps up to 40 ish down sometimes stays for a few hours then falls back to the 20s

I will provide the help desk information soon as I get home later.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 10 of 50

The downstream connection speed (and IP profile which is set to slightly below connection speed) will remain fixed for the duration of a connection which will nornally be days or weeks. Resetting the hub will reset the connection.

The achieved data download speed can vary from test to test and can depend on other factors as well as connection speed.
0 Ratings