cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Slow speeds after upgrade from FTTC to FTTP

Looking for some help regarding a recent upgrade to 900mb from FTTC  that has proven to be problematic.  Installation was due to take place on 24/6 but due to some issues with the FTTP build (our street has just been upgraded!) it was only completed last Friday. 
Even when plugging my laptop into the SH2 directly I am ‘only’ getting download speeds of c. 400-500 mb and upload speeds of up to 50mb. 
Due to the installation issues and the fact Openreach did turn up without warning on Friday to diagnose the fault, am thinking that perhaps a setting on my account needs changing now the upgrade is complete. 

Any help gratefully received - thanks @PaddyB for your reply in the other forum. As my upload speed is seemingly capped at 50mb that seemed as good a thread as any to mention my issue. 
Regards

Pete

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Slow speeds after upgrade from FTTC to FTTP

Hi @ppsears,

Thank you for posting. I'm sorry for all the problems you had in getting your service upgraded to FTTP. When you check your MyBT is your order showing as completed or is it still showing as open?

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Thanks @PaddyB. Weirdly it’s not showing at all in my list of orders. When I search for it using the order number itself (which I can PM you if that would help) it says:-

Sorry for the delay

Your order is taking longer than expected. We're working on it and we'll be in touch if there are any changes to your order. Thanks for your patience.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Hi @ppsears, thanks for checking that. It looks like the issue is caused by the order having not been completed yet. Does it give you an estimated completion date?

cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Morning @JohnC2 ,

thanks for below message. The order was only updated to ‘completed’ yesterday despite Openreach fixing the underlying issue last Thursday.  Have tested again this morning and it’s as before. I.e. my D/L speeds are between c 300-400mb and my U/L speeds between 49.5-50mb. Am hoping the fact my U/L speeds are so concentrated that this may mean that something needs updating on BT’s.  Any guidance gratefully received.

cheers,

Pete

0 Ratings