cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
danielshaw007
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Slow sync speed after heavy rain.

Hi all as subject says, we had some very heavy rain last night and whilst watching Netflix and messing with my phone I noticed the internet drop a few times.

I've got the bt smart hub 2 manager on a favourite on my browser so I regularly check the sync speeds after disconnects and stuff.

So before the rain i had 73mbps down and a solid 20mbps upload.

First disconnect I noticed it came back on at 60mb down and 3.5mb up.

Second it came back at 55mb down and 5.5mb up.

Left the router on over night and checked this morning, could see the network uptime was very short so its disconnected again in the night. 

It's now been on 55mb download and 9.5mb upload all day..

Now logic says something has happened to cause these disconnects and reconnect at various speeds..

I have rang BT faults today and they ran a test and said no hard faults have been found so I just have to leave it 72 hrs and see if things improve again.

I have checked the bt wholesale broadband availability site and it says clean and Impacted my line should be min 55mb download which I guess it is at the moment and at least 15mb upload, but my upload is 9.5mb so there is an issue somewhere and for it to drop from the speeds I had before to this something has happened.

Shall I just wait it out a bit or push a potential fault since my upload doesnt meet the guarantee?

Sorry for the essay!

Thanks 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Sage
Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Slow sync speed after heavy rain.

There is no upload guarantee, only on download.

Is there any noise on your line? 17070 option 2.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
danielshaw007
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

I'll have to borrow a phone and try as we dont have one.

Checked the router status again this morning, said network uptime was 1hr 45 mins so it's been down again 

Now 45mb download 12.5mb upload.

Technically my download is now below tolerance for my line.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

as @pippincp  you need to check your phone line and if noise report a phone fault to 151 not broadband

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings