cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Slow upload a problem working from home

I've done an Ookla speedtest and my download speed is acceptable(40Mbps), but my upload speed (6Mbps) seems slow..  its  causing a problem working from home..  accessing and editing files from the office servers..  files might be anything from 1000Kb to 20Mb...  internet also drops out occasionally.. It's having a real issue in terms of  productivity...  I doubt it's an issue in terms of the company infrastructure as we are a large company, with good systems, and there have not been many other complaints.  Any ideas what the problem is ?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Slow upload a problem working from home

@Mr_Pye 

Welcome to this user forum.

Enter your phone number into this form and display the results here, but edit out your phone number before you post the results.

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Hi @Mr_Pye ,

Are you using a BT residential line or has your large company provided you with a business line ?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

hi... here you go:

Mr_Pye_0-1613219398752.png

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

mine is a residential line
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

mmm - thought that might be the case

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

The test results show a low upload connection speed, which could indicate a problem with your own internal wiring, as the upload band it located in the higher frequency range, and poor wiring will affect this more. Your download connection speed is also poor.

What does your master phone socket look like?

Keith_Beddoe_0-1577035081757.jpegKeith_Beddoe_1-1577035100602.jpeg

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

The main line coming into the apartment goes into a type 1, where it splits and goes off to different rooms, with each room having a type 4

0 Ratings