cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 17

Re: Slow upload and unstable connection

Ok so run for few days with the old one and seems better. Took the socket apart and used filter and according to stats on the old router (not the borrowed one):

TEREU5_0-1610741614182.png

but every site that checks speed barely got 20-22Mbps

TEREU5_2-1610741821747.png

TEREU5_1-1610741671880.png

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 17

moving to the test socket has significantly increased your connection speed to the top of your expected speed range 53.4mb   There is obviously a problem with your internal wiring or master faceplate or both

an you run btspeedtester with an Ethernet connection when you think download speed is good  then repeat when you feel download poor and post host results

which exchange and cab are you on - deleted from dslchecker results

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 17

I am about 1 mile from exchange.

Exchange code: EMTOWCE

Not sure which cabinet in the area I am connected to  as they are few around.

Ideally would love to have an option of FTTP but don't see that happening anytime soon.

In the past I had some issues with the speed and random drops - after eng visit they switch the pairs of cables as the old one was apparently wet - not sure exactly but I did not asked further  as he was not keen to share (and that's when there was a swap of the master socket) 

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 17

The exchange and cab number were in the checker results you gave in your second post but you cut them off the screenshot.

Just run the checker again and post the exchange and cab.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 17

Aye sorry. Cabinet 5 🙂

TEREU5_0-1610794432130.png

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 17

Cabinet P5 FTTC Available from 28th December 2013, expanded 23rd October 2019 Phase BDUK Northants 11b Properties Passed:664 Vendor:Huawei Location:NN12 6EE
For the love of god don't see that cabinet anywhere 😆 unless its at the back of the properties somewhere heh
0 Ratings
Message 17 of 17

not unusual  mine is nowhere near where code lookup shows on the map.  you would find it if you walked about - eventually

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings