cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eagle2508
Beginner
Message 1 of 15

Slow upload speeds but everything else seems fine...

I was with Sky Fibre for 4 months, download speeds were always good and ping acceptable but my upload speed was dreadful, 0.08-0.90mb.

I had a dual engineer visit with both an Openreach engineer and a Sky Network Engineer... They took me off the Sky equipment (after the exchange) and put me on the BT test server and the speeds were perfect.... Put me back to normal and once again everything was fine apart from my upload speed.

Sky blamed BT and BT blamed Sky.... Anyway I got out of my contract and signed up to BT Infinity 1, it was installed today with a nice shiney new Hub 5 but I have the exact same problem. I'm direct in to the pre filtered socket that BT installed with no extension etc and no other sockets in the house.

It's a brand new line that they installed with a new number, my download speed is perfect 36-38mb but I'm still only getting between 0.08mb-0.90mb upload.

I've tried numerous online speed testers, wired, wireless and on different devices using different operating systems but it makes little difference.

My router however still says 39998 Down - 9999 Up

What's going on..... Please can someone shed some light on this as its driving me crazy!

I've tried uploading a 7mb JPEG to several file hosts such as copy.com and Dropbox but to upload a single 7mb file its taking nearly 20minutes and other times much longer.

HomeHub5
2. Serial number: +076284+1502001827
3. Firmware version: v0.07.03.0814-BT (Type B) Last updated [Unknown]
4. Board version: 01
5. VDSL uptime: 0 days, 02:16:52
6. Data Rate: 9999 / 39998
7. Maximum Data Rate: 27424 / 85201
8. Noise Margin: 22.2 / 25.9
9. Line Attenuation: 0.0 / 12.0
10. Signal Attenuation: 0.0 / 0.0
11. Data sent/received: 29.8 MB / 280.1 MB
12. Broadband username: bthomehub@btbroadband.com
13. BT Wi-fi: No
14. 2.4GHz wireless network/SSID: BTHub5-FJQN
15. 2.4GHz wireless connections: Enabled (802.11 b/g/n (up to 144 Mb/s))
16. 2.4GHz wireless security: WPA2 Only (Recommended)
17. 2.4GHz wireless channel: Automatic (Smart Wireless)
18. 5GHz wireless network/SSID: BTHub5-FJQN5GHz
19. 5GHz wireless connections: Enabled (802.11 a/n/ac (up to 1300 Mb/s))
20. 5GHz wireless security: WPA2 Only (Recommended)
21. 5GHz wireless channel: Automatic (Smart Wireless)
22. Firewall: Default
23. MAC Address: 4c:09:d4:7e:74:c5
24. Software variant: -
25. Boot loader: 0.5.0-BT (Tue Jun 17 18:52:56 2014)

BT Home Hub 5 (Type B) | Software version v0.07.03.0814-BT
0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
rarmitage124
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 15

Re: Slow upload speeds but everything else seems fine...

Try a quite line test

1. Dial 17070.  You will reach BT's line test facility.(Try and use the test socket for the best results)
  2. Choose option 2 from the menu presented - "Quiet Line Test".
  3. There should be no noise. If their is you should report to BT

Hope this helps. Any questions I will be glad to try and answer them :smileyhappy:

If my post has been useful, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If I have answered your question correctly please let me know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution' Thanks
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 15

<p>Can you run btspeedtster and when first test completes theN run diagnostic test and post results

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
eagle2508
Beginner
Message 4 of 15

I tried the Quiet Line Test just now and there is no noise at all.
0 Ratings
eagle2508
Beginner
Message 5 of 15

Please could you give me a link to the speedtest you want me to do?

I've done this one if it's of any help?

Which diagnostics do you want me to carry out, sorry but please could you give me a step by step guide to exactly what you would like me to do?

Screen Shot 2015-04-29 at 21.11.07 copy.jpg

@imjolly wrote:
<p>Can you run btspeedtster and when first test completes theN run diagnostic test and post results

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 15

btspeedtester

Run the tester and when first test completes then run diagnostic test and post results

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
eagle2508
Beginner
Message 7 of 15

2.jpg

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 15

See if mods can help you. They will post a contact us link tomorrow  

contact mods.jpg

After completing the email NOT PM then you join a queue of other customers waiting for mod help. The mods will get back to you in 3/5 working days either by phone or email

eagle2508
Beginner
Message 9 of 15

Thanks for your help mate
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 15

Hi eagle2508,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your post!

Sorry for the problems you're having with your upload speed.  It's definitely much slower than what it should be from looking at the screenshot of the speed test you completed.

No need to worry as we'll pick this up and get you sorted from here.  Click on my username and under the "about me" section of my profile you'll see the link to get in touch with us.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings