At around 9am this morning (11/03/2019), my broadband connection dropped and reconnected after a network uptime of around 10 days. On reconnection I thought I'd check to see what the BT Hub had re-sync'd at and noticed the upload to be very much lower than it used to be. Downstream sync speed:40.96 Mbps and Upstream sync speed:1.37 Mbps. Previously the upstream sync would be between 7Mbps and 8.5Mbps.
I tried router reboot and it again re-sync'd at around similar speeds of Downstream sync speed: 41.41 Mbps and Upstream sync speed: 1.31 Mbps. Again the Upstream sync way off it's normal mark.
I got in touch with the online support chat, pretty unhelpful... "please reboot the router and stay connected to the chat"!?
I have been on a call this evening to a UK based call centre and they were more helpful. The guy on the other end could see that there had been a considerable drop in upload, he could see I've consistently had around 7.81Mbps over the last month or so and then the huge drop today. After performing a number of tests etc the guy has got me booked in for an engineer visit after speaking with his supervisor. They have also performed a line refresh in the meantime.
Any idea what has caused this considerable drop in upstream sync and how can I get this resolved? Should I just wait for the engineer visit?
My current stats from BT hub...
BT Hub 6A
0 Days, 1 Hours 22 Minutes 49 Seconds
1.29 Mbps / 43.15 Mbps
1289 / 42414
6.4 dB / 2.5 dB
Any help/thoughts greatly appreciated!
Solved! Go to Solution.
Welcome to this user forum.
Is there any noise on your phone calls? Dial 17070 and select option 2, there should be no noise between the announcements.
Hi, Sorry meant to say I'd given that a go too as I saw that in other posts 🙂 Can confirm there is no noise between the announcements.
if no line noise then wait for engineer visit as more resets will eventually affect your down conenction speed
Hi, so latest on this. Engineer came out this morning and confirmed all internals are fine. Unfortunately he was a contract engineer from Qube, so couldn't perform any external testing at all 😞 He's fed back his report and it sounds like I'm now in a waiting game for OpenReach to pick up and have a look.
Really concerned I've got alot of hassle ahead to get this sorted 😞
any problems shown for your area? https://my.bt.com/consumerFaultTracking/public/faults/tracking.do?pageId=31
First engineer I had was from Qube, which was pointless for this problem. Finally had an OpenReach engineer out this morning. He was here for a good while (most of that was him trying to get first line support to do what he was asking)! Performed thorough testing internally and externally. No faults found on the line at all. Checked cabinet and all good there, including the port I was plugged in to.
He had fun and games trying to get offshore first line support to pass him over to second line support. They wouldn't do that without swapping me to a different port at the cabinet first.
He did that, still no joy as was to be expected. Finally, he was put through to second line support (based in UK) and within 10 mins a hard reset had been performed on my profile and my upload is now back up to where it should be
Today before engineer arriving...
Downstream sync speed: 48.43 Mbps
Upstream sync speed: 1.30 Mbps
After engineer visit...
Downstream sync speed: 33.72 Mbps
Upstream sync speed: 7.20 Mbps
My downstream is significantly lower than it was, but I presume that should hopefully go back up to where it was over the next 7-10 days as line re-stabilises again.
Yes, the DLM reset would've removed G.INP and the 3 dB target SNRM you had previously. Both should come back within a few days/weeks.