cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

SlowBroadband following Line Fault

About 3 weeks ago I had a line fault which resulted in no dial tone on my phone and my broadband slowing right down. This was logged with BT and they resolved it via a engineer visit same day. Some problem in the street box. Since this has been resolved my broadband speed (Infinity to CAB) has only returned to around 37Mbps where as prior to the fault I had around 55Mbps. All tests now show no faults on the line so I can’t report anything. During an online chat with BT they refreshed the connection but still no change. I was told my guaranteed minimum speed is 44Mbps and the reason I wasn’t getting it was my internal wiring so couldn’t do anything!

I am using the main BT socket for the connection and running a Draytek router that is only about 2 months old (replaced HH5 as it kept randomly restarting). I did try the HH5 again just to see and that still got the same speed.

Following the initial line fault the Draytek was connected without interruption for over 2 weeks as the Openreach engineer advised the line may need to stabilise and speed up. Which is has to a degree but still a reasonable amount short of my previous speed.

So having tried 2 different routers and 2 different micro-filters I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to the possible problem or how I could get BT to look again at this?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: SlowBroadband following Line Fault

can you post stats from your router

a stable connection is need before DLM will take action so moving between routers is just causing more problems as line appears unstable

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: SlowBroadband following Line Fault

Please see stats from router below, hopefully this is what you were asking from. Yes the engineer did advise the line would need to stabilise so it had been left for 3 weeks before I reported it to Support again. But hadn't improved in that time and Support had me reboot the router anyway. Thanks.

Status 1.jpgStatus 2.jpg

0 Ratings