cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Slower Speed than expected

We have the Fibre with BT Halo 2 which says our speeds should be between 58-73 download and 17-18 upload. They give a guarantee of 51.

Since having it in (a few months back now) our speeds are not getting even to the guaranteed 51.  Some days we are not too far off at around 48 but recently it's dropping with todays being around 36.   We have noticed a drop in picture quality on BT TV too and streaming services like Prime.

Not sure what we need to do about this. We had an engineer out several months back.. but he said he couldn't find anything wrong in the home with our equipment/wiring and said it must be a fault at the exchange, since then we have heard nothing back.

How would we need to proceed to see what is going on? Obviously we have all had some bad weather lately too (yorkshire coast) so not sure if perhaps some of the external wiring may have been damaged to some degree.

We have also had issues with our set top box. We had it replaced two months ago as the other was old and had just stopped working. This new one seems to not sometimes want to turn on. When I turn it on sometimes there is no signal to the TV (all wiring is secure) and I have to physically reset the box using the switch on the back to get it to come on. This is occurring now about 3/4 times a week.. some days it turns on fine, others it doesn't.  Any advice on this too. Thanks.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Slower Speed than expected

please can you post the stats from your router (enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser then advanced settings then technical log information . 

Have you tried the quiet line test? - dial 17070 option 2 - should hear nothing - best done with a corded phone. if cordless phone you may hear a 'dull hum' which is normal

enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number   https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

@imjolly  Sorry I feel stupid but i have the information you requested however it is saved as pdf and i am not sure how to get that into the forums?  
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

you just need to use the camera icon

how to upload photo.PNG

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Think i sussed it... This is the info requested (I hope!)

Screenshot 2021-12-03 104742.pngScreenshot 2021-12-03 104936.png

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Can you post the top half of the information page?

0 Ratings