Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
teenspirit7
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Slower speed [IP Profile cap]

Hi,

Been getting 78mbps pretty consistently for a couple of years now. However recently been only able to max out at around 60mbps.

On http://www.speedtest.btwholesale.com/ getting - IP Profile for your line is - 59.12 Mbps

How do I get this to be set higher again? Running more than capable hardware, even tried switching out routers to a high end asus model (from a HomeHub 4) to check that wasn't the issue? 

Getting pretty fed up as paying a lot for the max speed in my area and it's only 10mbps above much cheaper broadband at the moment.

ADSL lookup:bt.PNG

Thanks for reading,

F

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Slower speed [IP Profile cap]

can you post stats from your router

your profile is set by your conenction speed not the other way round so to get a higher profile you need a faster connection speed

if you speed is only 60mb ish then have you been having connection problems or have you been resetting the router to try and improve speed?

check for line noise  dial 17070 option 2  should be silenet and best with corded phone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
teenspirit7
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Not using the HomeHub 4 at the moment so can't find that info out. Nor do I have a landline phone set up currently. Will try and sort one of things so I can check what you mentioned.

Also, btwholesale checker is showing ridiculous down speeds (near 400mbps) which is obviously not accurate, does this hint to anything?Capture123.PNG

Cheers for your help,

F

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

Btspeedtester has been giving 'odd results for weeks so try speedtest.net
Basic test is to check for dial tone and then line noise could save you £129.99 for engineer callout
Can you post any router stats

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings