cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Slower speed

I've just taken advantage of a free offer from bt and had an upgrade to halo 2, the broadband speed is supposed to be guaranteed 100mb and up to 150mb, when I do a speed check through the bt app it tells me I've got a 149mb speed to my hub and a 58mb speed to my mobile. Before I upgraded I had a speed to my mobile of 72mb, how can this be, I'm sat in exactly the same place about 3m away from my hub and nothing in the way. Its not exactly a guaranteed speed of 100mb if I'm only getting 58mb to my device is it????????

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Slower speed

Halo 1 or2 is just an add-on to your package and does nothing to increase or decrease your speed.  there is no guarantee for wireless speed.  did you get a new hub when you upgraded?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Yes I did get a new hub. My contract was upgraded to a faster speed fibre. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

did you turn off smart setup?

Turn Off smart setup

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings