Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 22

Re: Slower speeds than guaranteed?

from the checker results you should be getting better connection speed and you are below acceptable level  are you connecting directed to test socket with a filter to see if that increases your connection speed?   if that does not help then need engineer to find cause of slow speed compared to estimate  

but test socket with filter first without any extension cables

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
poor_fibre
Beginner
Message 12 of 22

My hub is connected directly to the master socket. An engineer visited last week and didnt know what to do and told me everything is fine.

Could it be a faulty hardware at the cabinet?

0 Ratings
poor_fibre
Beginner
Message 13 of 22

All the providers I've talked to and even BT line checker, they all show I should be getting about 70mbps...do they put a manual cap on the speeds you'll get? sell infinity 2 and then put a cap at 32mpbs and tell the customer you are lucky you are even getting that on this line? lol

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 22

BT like other ISPS do not put a cap on your speed apart from the package limit of infinity 1 or 2. The slow speed is your line problem and if you are using the test socket not the master socket and speed till the same or similar then you need engineer visit

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
poor_fibre
Beginner
Message 15 of 22

Yes I've tested it in every way possible. An engineer visited last week and couldnt find any issues with the line but still couldnt explain why the speed was that slow.

Its either a manual cap because of over subscription or some faulty equipment at the cabin/exchange.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 22

it could also be a poor line with say aluminium and not copper cable which the dslchecker would not know ot take into account

as you have had one engineer who could not help and you are well below estimated speed lets see if mods can help and probably arrange another engineer visit.  mods will post here to help

0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 17 of 22

Hi @poor_fibre

Thanks for your posts.

Sorry for the problems you're having with your broadband speed.  Send us over your details and we'll help you.  Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
poor_fibre
Beginner
Message 18 of 22

An engineer visited today and told me theres nothing wrong with the line but I am on infinity 1 and theres nothing he could do unless BT puts me on infinity 2.

The engineer who installed the line told me its all fine I am infinity 2...another engineer who visited after again told me I am infinity 2 and theres nothing he could do to improve...and now today the engineer told me I've never been on Infinity 2...it has always been infinity 1 and he cant help me further unless BT fixes this? is that a joke? 

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 19 of 22

Hi @poor_fibre I've checked and can see that we have received your details into our queue. Once you reach the top of the queue one of the team will be in touch to help you with this.

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
pippincp
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 22

Had the Openreach engineer checked your hub stats it would've been obvious to him/her you are indeed on Infinity 2. They do not have any access to your account information so cannot tell you what package you are on.

As you have requested assistance from the mods then now wait for them to get back to you. One mod will take your case and stick with you until resolved.

0 Ratings