cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gunnerdee
Message 1 of 4

Smart Hub 2 Bridging Mode

Hello,

Looking for some assistance. I am moving home and the new house has Ultrafast Fibre 100 available so I have ordered that and will receive a new Smart Hub 2. I use an Asus Rt-AC86u as my router at the moment after privately buying Business Home Hub 6 as this had the ability change it to Bridging mode. Does the Smart Hub 2 that I am getting have the capability to change it to Bridging mode? Or am I going to need to look into buying my own modem and configuring it with the BT PPPoE username/password?

Sorry if this has been asked previously!

Thanks

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Smart Hub 2 Bridging Mode

in your new home are you getting FTTP or G.Fast?

If FTTP then the ONT is the modem and connects to the router's WAN port

there is no bridging mode in the hubs

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Gunnerdee
Message 3 of 4

It is a new build and I believe it is FTTP. So should I be able to connect my Asus router to the ONT without any issue? That would be ideal if so.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

Yes, if its FTTP, the ONT is the modem, just connect to your Asus WAN port. The normal PPPoE details need to be entered on the Asus.

0 Ratings