cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Smart Hub 2 Full Fibre slow upload speed

Just installed Full Fibre 100 with a Smart Hub 2.

But I think there's some kind of bug with the Smart Hub 2.

Very pleased with download speeds which are consistently in the 145-150 mbps range as advertised.

Upload speed initially fluctuated - either  just above the advertised speed of about 30 mbps or about 10mbps (and nothing in between).

Now upload speeds are stuck at 10mbps.

I tried rebooting the Smart Hub 2 - upload speed stayed at 10mbps.

Then I unplugged the Smart Hub 2 and hooked up my old Draytek 2862ac router.

Immediately got 31 mbps uploads.

So it must be a problem with the Smart Hub 2 and not the fibre connection.

Do I need a replacement Smart Hub 2  or a firmware upgrade or what?

How do I report this problem?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Smart Hub 2 Full Fibre slow upload speed

Hi @adw5749  welcome to the forum and sorry you are not getting the same upload on the Smart hub that you can get from the Draytek.

Have you had the Smart Hub connected since you posted as it should automatically update to ensure there is no cap on your upload?

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

thanks for your reply..

I left the SmartHub2 connected overnight but it still seemed to be capping uploads at 10Mbps so I have reverted to the DrayTek as I shall be uploading some large images later today.

Had an unproductive call with the support line yesterday, after queueing for 30 minutes.

The system was not yet showing my order as complete.

So the nice lady said that as my download speed was above the ADSL guarantee of 2mbps she couldn’t help. And even when the fibre order was complete, the package which is advertised with down/up speeds of 150/30 apparently has an upload guarantee of 10mbps, so as I was meeting that limit she might not be able to do anything about the anomaly that I get 30mbps upload with the Draytek.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Hi @adw5749, thanks for getting back to me. I've sent you a Private Message with details on how to contact the Mod team and we'll be happy to have a look at this to see if the upload can be improved on the smart hub for you.
The smart hub would need to be connected for us to investigate this for you.

cheers

John

0 Ratings