cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Smart Hub 2 Internet connection issues

Go to solution

I have a BT smart hub 2 and it was working fine till last week and now all my devices have no internet connection. Sometimes the devices can open a browser other times it just fails stating no internet. 

Tests done by BT tech support: Line test passed, Router shows a good connection and stable connection. Devices show a strong wifi signal. but when you open an app like youtube or try to open a website it just fails. some times after a couple of tries it will open the website but when you go to next page it fails again. Its unusable. 

I have done a factory reset and still the same. 

I started seeing that Alexa dots were not responding to my commands couple of days ago and then recently all went down the drain. The tech support has arranged to send a new router. I dont understand how to get this problem resolved. I have never had this issue with PlusNet or any provider before this. 

I have disabled smart setup and bt wifi (which provides signal any one external to connect to BT). Still no joy. I have no parental control or any other options active.

This Smart Hub 2 is bad. 

Please suggest.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Smart Hub 2 Internet connection issues

Go to solution
Have you requested a new router ? BT will send out new units.
One thing, first turn EVERYTHING off.
Every network device you have make sure they are off, then reset the hub. Try to connect one device, best would be a PC or a laptop and see if it works then.
You might have an IP address conflict. If it works, try to reconnect each device, one by one and see if its a device causing a network problem.
Worth a shot.
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

I got an email that the new bt hub is being delivered today. I will do as you said and see if it resolves the problem. Usually I login to any new router just change the Wifi name and password to match what I had previously and then all the devices which were connected to the old hub just connect back to the new hub.

This time I will give it a new name and connect one device at a time and check if it is a particular device thats causing the fault.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Just changing my SSID and then connecting all the devices one at a time just worked yesterday. NO devices has an issue and the internet was working fine.

Executive customer relations Dept got involved yesterday and have assigned open reach to come and check the device at exchange and green box in our area. 

Hopefully they have done something as well. 

Thanks for your help.

0 Ratings