cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 14

Smart Hub 2 | Orange Light

- Okay, so basically I have tried everything, I have phoned BT, turned FTTP off and on, bought new ethernet cables, bought two new Smart Hub 2 routers and yet no success.

This is one of the most weird situations I have ever dealt with before when it comes to Networks and not even BT themselves to figure out the issue so am turning to this as a last resort before I just end up switching to someone else.

- I have the fibre 900GB plan and it was working before when the open reach guy installed it, then it went off, two weeks went by without internet and a BT guy came along with a new router a older one a Home Hub 4, that one also freaked out and then I went to its admin page and it automactivlly had a thing that fixed it, so I decided to put my smart hub 2 back on to see if it worked, shockingly it did, light was blue and all.

- One week later and its gone off again annoyingly, back to a orange light and I don't understand why, but with Home Hub 4 it works perfectly fine, light is blue and all and I don't know why, I switch to the Smart Hub 2 and it goes solid orange, so I bought another one to see if that was the issue and no it wasn't that one also goes solid orange.

One thing I have noticed between the 2 is they seem to have some form of pairing problem with the opnreach modem, it just spams "PPP, Sending Padi" over and over again, yet nothing happens but the Home Hub 4 happily connects and goes blue with zero issues.

Am looking at any solution at this point.

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Re: Smart Hub 2 | Orange Light

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 14

The orange light means that your hub has no internet connection, ensure that the ethernet cable between the hub and the ONT is connected to port 4 on the hub.

If it is, and the FTTP soft switch is in the On position then the fault is likely to be external to your premises.

See What do the lights on my BT Hub mean? | BT Help for useful (?) suggestions

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 14

Sorry if this an obvious question which you've already checked, but is the WAN port on the SH2 (red coloured) activated ("Full fibre mode") and the ONT connected to this (and not one of the 3 LAN ports)? You can activate the WAN port for FTTP use by logging into the SH2 , going to Advanced settings and turning Full Fibre mode to "ON".
Again apologies if you've already done this!
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 14

Yes, its already been done, its in slot 4 as well
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 14

Ahh....sorry for suggesting the obvious! I'm disappointed for you that I haven't found a solution!
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 14

Its fine, just sick of it, spend all this money on internet and can't even have working internet, its a joke tbh
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 14

But, if the fault is indeed in an external item,  the puzzle is the OP's Home Hub 4 apparently connects perfectly well, whereas 2 SH2 devices refuse to connect.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 14

its wierd, its how am speaking to you right now, granted the speed is horrible..
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 14

Report it again, I had the same fault some time back and BT sent me a 4G modem out as a temporary fix but I never needed to use it, the fault was external and was fixed well within 24 hours.

0 Ratings