cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 11

Smart Hub 2 drop-off following power cut

Hi All, seem to have hit a brick wall with BT support so any suggestions welcome. Have a smart hub 2 which has been operating happily for some time with 3 wi-fi discs. Had a power cut a week ago and ever since the hub drops connection 30secs to 10minute intervals. Blue light stays on at all times and BT tell me everything is fine and dandy, but it clearly isn't and started immediately after the power cut. It's v. frustrating as both my wife and I are working from home. It drops out on wired and wireless connections. BT have remotely fiddled with settings and we have also been asked to factory reset. A line engineer has been up to improve the phone line which had some static but this makes no difference. Any ideas? Could the hub be damaged although still working with blue light? BT are resisting sending out an engineer.

Thanks

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 11

Re: Smart Hub 2 drop-off following power cut

BT have finally sent out a new hub...makes no difference,still dropping out
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 11

welcome to the BT community forum where customers help customers and only BT employees are the forum mods

in order for the forum members to help please can you post the stats from your router (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser) and if  HH5 then go to troubleshooting then helpdesk and if HH6/SH2 then advanced settings then technical log information . 

Have you tried the quiet line test? - dial 17070 option 2 - should hear nothing - best done with a corded phone. if cordless phone you may hear a 'dull hum' which is normal

do you use a filter at phone socket or does socket have 2 outlets - phone and broadband?  have you tried connecting to test socket with a filter to see if that stabilises your connection

enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number   https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 11

Hi All, I called the quiet line albeit on a cordless seemed ok, as I said a line engineer has been out recently. Here is other info; Dare I say it seems a little bit more stable. I opted out of bt wifi and disconnected my second hub on the other side of the house, instead hard-wiring straight into the ps4 in that room. Anything else out of the normal below?

hub_advanced.jpg

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 11

BB_checker.jpg

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 11

socket.jpg

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 11

can you go to technical log in advanced settings and post the hub stats

what do you have connected to the phone side of the master socket?

with that type of master which just clips in place some posts have had problems as the front had come loose and needed pushed back into place

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 11

Hi, the landline engineer has just changed the socket so assume its fixed back properly, seems ok...I only have a bt cordless phone on phone side of socket. Here's the stats;

Untitled.jpg

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 11

Stats show you have been connected for 11 hrs at max 80/20mb so disconnections at present are not affecting your connection speed

what about the other points?

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 11

Hi, the new hub is up and running but did not immediately solve the dropping out issue. However, the removal of the second router from the network seemed to solve the problem and we are now holding a connection as shown. Perhaps the second router was damaged in the power cut?

0 Ratings