cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
backnine
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Smart Hub 2

I've just moved onto the smart Hub from Hub 5 and it all went very well, I even managed to set up the Wifi disc. So whats my problem? I have had FTTP for years and started on the trial. So I looked into the hub manager and thought I'd try the speed test!! it told me they couldn't do the test as I wasn't connected to the internet and ran through all these tests, still no go I then tried with my  I-pad same thing not connected to the internet. Strange as it works ok and with all the other speed test sites. So was wondering if anyone else has had the same problem? Not a biggie I have been surfing the net quite happily, just wondering. 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
VinceMarsters
Contributor
Message 2 of 3

Re: Smart Hub 2

I've got a SH2 with G.Fast and have not been able to get results out of the speedtest run through the hub manager. It normally goes through all the sections and comes back saying I need to call about the fault. With G.Fast, I have also found getting consistent speedtests through speedtest.net to be harder, but getting a simple result from fast.com was easy.

As an aside, why do BT make out running a speedtest is reporting a fault? Sure, let there be an option to convert a bad speedtest into a fault, but don't make the simple running of the test a fault report in itself.

0 Ratings
backnine
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Smart Hub 2

Hi VinceMarsters,

I'm glad I'm not the only one. It does seem weird. Even when I use Duckduckgo for speedtests it brings up the same BT one as well. All the others work but BT's . If I'd known I wasn't connected to the internet I could've asked for my money back LOL

I can live with it tho.

0 Ratings