cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Smart Hub 2

Had BT installed last Friday with the smart hub 2.Switched over from sky that went off on Friday set the smart hub up all devices are getting WiFi but some are nit getting internet.

Spoke to BT on Saturday getting passed to different departments and that’s all they are saying that it’s not all up and running.

For example my sons laptop connects no problem but my wife’s laptop for work connects to WiFi but no internet???

My 2sons has a PlayStation each 1is connected through WiFi it connects but no internet the other 1 is connected by Ethernet cable and that’s the same I’m completely baffled by it.

My smart TVs would connect to WiFi but no internet but then when we got up on Sunday all of them connected fully ???

I have knocked smart set up on router as I have read this on here but that’s not done anything I am completely baffled by it all PLEASE HELP 😔😔

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Smart Hub 2

Hi Gilly2

Has the issue resolved itself now?

It sounds like the issue may be IP address allocations and DNS settings. The Sky Router worked on a IP 192.168.0.x range, where as the BT Router works on an IP 192.168.1.x range. If some of the devices are a little 'sticky' in releasing their old IP address leases they would not have the correct gateway to be able to communicate out of your network.
Message 3 of 4

Hi mate 

No still the same issue how do I resolve the issue if it’s that what you think it is ?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

@Gilly2wrote:

Hi mate 

No still the same issue how do I resolve the issue if it’s that what you think it is ?

On the wife's laptop open a command prompt window. Type ipconfig /release press enter. Then type ipconfig /renew press enter.

0 Ratings