cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Smart Hub 2

hello guys, i have a question regarding my smart hub 2. a while back i noticed my speeds dropping and got advice from here and when i contacted bt they said my speeds will lock onto a stable speed if my modem is rebooting alot "i think its called DLM" but the longer the modem is online after 30 days of being locked "again i think thats what bt are saying" the DLM will unlock and the speed will again increase. my problem is i seem to get to 16 days before my modem reboots on its own therefor im unable to reach the level needed to alow my internet to increase and like my other posts the speed has been lower since i started a new contract with bt. hands up not knowing this i have restarted my home hub a few times on the day my new account went active.

im unsure if its called DLM when your line is locked due to the restarting of the homehub.

my house where i live has been converted into a flat upstairs with 2 shops below which i rent out and both shops have same internet package as myself and both recieve 70mb/s connections.

finally is it possible to set a setting inside the homehub 2 to tell it not to reboot as it seems to run 16 days and then auto reoots.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Smart Hub 2

in order for the forum members to help please can you post the stats from your router (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser) and if  HH5 then go to troubleshooting then helpdesk and if HH6/SH2 then advanced settings then technical log information . 

Have you tried the quiet line test? - dial 17070 option 2 - should hear nothing - best done with a corded phone. if cordless phone you may hear a 'dull hum' which is normal

enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number   https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

if hub is rebooting about every 16 days then that should not affect the DLM.  there is no setting in hub to stop auto reboot

Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

2021-10-27-13-44-39-www-broadbandchecker-btwholesale-com-e87ac0c42065

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

2021-10-27-13-59-42-www-broadbandchecker-btwholesale-com-d2037050853d

0 Ratings