cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Raznic
Message 11 of 15

Re: Smart Hub 6 - Second one faulty

I too can relate to this. My first Smart Hub 6 worked fine for 4 days then no internet connection. Replaced very quickly, however the second one just failed after three days, same thing, no internet connection. Reconnected my old HH5, working fine.

Now awaiting my third Smart Hub 6. If this goes the same way I will not bother any more, just get a refund and move on.

Shame really as when working it does give me better speed and coverage on my setup. As someone else has mentioned an investment in a good third party router may well be the way to go.

0 Ratings
Raznic
Message 12 of 15

My 3rd Smart Hub 6 just failed after three days (best was four days) and I have given up. Got a refund and now back to HH5 which is working fine, but will probably go for a third party router to make the most of Infinity 2 and the fact I have several devices throughout the house.

It is a shame as when working the Smart Hub does a fine job. I think this was rushed through without enough testing.

0 Ratings
Burmey
Aspiring Expert
Message 13 of 15

I'm on my second Smart Hub too. First one firmware ending 21F4 had faults such as no broadband even though blue light showing (none on Ethernet or wifi) and regular drop outs. New hub received today with firmware ending 21EC was even worse (if that's possible) and this one wouldn't save static ip's, allocated two on same IP address and kept changing admin password on me so much that in the end I couldn't get on to the admin page so unplugged it and put my HH3 back in use. This is pathetic BT. I've just paid £50 for this useless piece of **bleep** that is better off in the bin. Unbelievable and I've wasted hours trying to sort this out, from helplines to work on setting everything many times only to find that within an hour it's screwed again.

sort this out BT

0 Ratings
bigdavyyeah
Beginner
Message 14 of 15

Me too!! On my second one and connection keeps dropping out and very slow. I moved to BT from sky (who use the bt line) and the issues have just started, should've stayed put but I thought I would get a better speed, the HH6 obviously has issues!! Not happy!

0 Ratings
michaelkenward
Aspiring Expert
Message 15 of 15

@Raznic wrote:

....will probably go for a third party router to make the most of Infinity 2 and the fact I have several devices throughout the house.

There are various DSL routers out there that handle ADSL and VDSL (Infinity). Then there are routers that will work from the Homehub.

But in some circumstances, with hardware that doesn't move around like TVs, it might be worth looking at the "powerplug" option that distributes LAN over your mains circuit. The technology has come a long way in recent years.

0 Ratings