Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
lorddylord
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Smart Hub Dead after restarts

I am at my wits end having contacted BT Instant chat only to discover my last conatct a month ago i was obviously fed a pack of lies.

The issue is i have a Smart hub I purchased from BT back in November time, that one died upon a Restart it never re connected to the Internet and stays in a vicious loop trying to connect. Bt were great and sent another and ask me to return the faulty one, only a few days without Broadband. The same thing has happen at least twice more and maybe three times  all with replacement Smart hubs.  The last time it happened I stated to the online chat I knew it was the Smart hub at fault as I had plugged in a HH5 and it connects to the internet within a few sconds as expected. i stated was it a known issue to which i was told yes it was affecting customers and they are working on a hot fix  for the firmware to resolve it but it may be some weeks/ months away, but i would be sent one once it came out, to stay on the HH5,  I asked to be given some compensation as my purchase was not fit for purpose and was told that too would be provided. I touched base again today see why I had received nothing and what the ETA was to discover they know nothing about what i claimed. Luckily I saved the transcript and they had a good read and said they could see no issues on my line with the Hub and didnt know of the restart issues. I said the HH5 wouldnt have any issues and I had already been told it's a known fault. they then could see no record of me buying the router in the first place and they would send a replacement, I asked them to confirm the fix is in place and I would not be sent another that needs sending back post first power cut or restart.  My connection to them ended and I have seen no confirmation one will be sent.  In short the online hlep is no help and works off scripts. Does anyone know how to get this esculated to Bt Management as i am seriously considering cancelling mywhole service with BT which is quite large ( mobiles, Tv's etc) as their Custome service is providing no service just faceless script employees from offshore that arent informed and will tell you what you want to hear to get you off the system.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Smart Hub Dead after restarts

Hi @lorddylord and thanks for posting.

If the hub 5 is working fine at present then your best bet would be to leave that connected. I can look into your complaint for you if you wish. Can you please drop me over an email with your details? You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
lorddylord
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Thanks, Can see no way to contact you what so ever.  So replying to this.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Hi @lorddylord Sorry you can't find the link. Please try my profile you will need to be logged in and you may not get the full view on a mobile.

Please click on my user name and select the contact the mods hyperlink which is just below the Avatar.

Thanks
John

0 Ratings