Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 21 of 34

Re: Smart Hub Disconnecting and Loss of Speed Issues

can you post hub stats  advanced settings then technical log information

if you are still connected to test socket with filter can you check you do not have a dial tone at any of your extension sockets whether normally in use or not

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
nperkins
Aspiring Contributor
Message 22 of 34

wow, I've no idea how to do any of that.
we've got 2 extensions in the house. One was disconnected before we moved and capped off (presuming by an engineer years ago), the other one was disconnected by the openreach guy when he came the other week, just tested it and theres nothing in it.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 23 of 34

http://192.168.1.254/

use link and enter admin password then go to advanced settings then technical log information and post the stats you see   use photos to post

Capture.PNG

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
nperkins
Aspiring Contributor
Message 24 of 34

i'm working to a new operating system than previously o i'm a little rusty with it. Copied this from the log information.

its worth noting that since a factory reset, the speeds don't seem to have dropped and the hub is no longer disconnecting as frequently.

This is a list of your BT Smart Hub settings and current statistics.
Product name:
BT Hub 6A
Serial number:
+084316+NQ81917405
Firmware version:
SG4B1000B540
Firmware updated:
22-Aug-2018
Board version:
Gui version:
DSL uptime:
3 Days, 23 Hours 27 Minutes 2 Seconds
Data rate:
7.27 Mbps / 46.69 Mbps
Maximum data rate:
8023 / 50435
Noise margin:
6.9 dB / 3.7 dB
Line attenuation:
21 dB
Signal attenuation:

VPI / VCI:
0/38
Modulation:
G_993_2_ANNEX_B
Latency type:
Fast Path
Data sent / received:
1741 MB Uploaded / 68042 MB Downloaded
Broadband username:
bthomehub@btbroadband.com
BT Wi-fi:
Active
2.4 GHz wireless network name:
BTHub6-P2FJ
2.4 GHz wireless channel:
Smart (Channel 11)
5 GHz wireless network name:
BTHub6-P2FJ
5 GHz wireless channel:
Smart (Channel 36)
Wireless security:
WPA2 (Recommended)
Wireless mode:
Mode 1
Firewall:
On
MAC address:
08:D5:9D:99:95:E3
Software variant:
-
Boot loader:
0 Ratings
nperkins
Aspiring Contributor
Message 25 of 34

also, still wating for a complaint response from BT that was submitted on the 9th.
as a side point, i only get very limited time to do this sorting out, which is why sometimes it can take a day or two to respond

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 26 of 34

your stats look ok with 3+ day connection time and speed near attainable speed

you may consider splitting the 2.4/5ghz wireless networks in your hub which may help your devices connec to wifi

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/56419/~/how-do-i-split-my-bt-hubs-ssid-%28wireless-ne...

also make sure you turn off smart setup  http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44328/~/what-is-smart-setup-on-the-bt-hub%3F-how-can-...

0 Ratings
nperkins
Aspiring Contributor
Message 27 of 34

eha since doing the factory reset the other day, the hub has stopped disconnecting, and speeds have stablised at the 41-44 range. seems to have sorted out ALL the connection problems I was having.

for the time being i'll leave it as is because other than the ubiquitous phones, everything else needing connected is hooked via ethernet cable.

my main problem now is that BT have yet to respond to the complaint I sent in nearly 3 weeks ago, but that's for me to chase up elsewhere.

annoying as it may be it took me using my own damned initiative to preform a factory reset. Had I been advised to try that 3-4 weeks ago, it could have been avoided.
0 Ratings
DiggerOfTrenches
Contributor
Message 28 of 34

Hi, Is the corded phone an old one with a bell in?

I have an old BT Tribune plugged in and it goes tinkle tinkle every time my line is tested.

Usually just before an engineer appears at the door or after talking to CS.

When i had FTC it wold go dong pause dong about every 2 weeks. Never had any trouble with FTC 19/76 24/7 100m from cab.

Quite handy really.

Trib.jpeg

0 Ratings
nperkins
Aspiring Contributor
Message 29 of 34

know weve an old phone but tbh we've only had it connected whilst weve had the issues s I can do things like quiet line tests.
like I said though, after 3 weeks I got fed up and factory reset the hub and now all is good, it was a hub fault
0 Ratings
nperkins
Aspiring Contributor
Message 30 of 34

now i'm getting a lot of noise on the line, which the call operator commented on as well
0 Ratings