Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 31 of 34

Re: Smart Hub Disconnecting and Loss of Speed Issues

@nperkins wrote:
now i'm getting a lot of noise on the line, which the call operator commented on as well

That is the problem.

If there is noise on the line, then you need to report it as  a noisy line. Do not mention the broadband problem, otherwise it will end up in the wrong fault queue, and take much longer to be fixed. There are plenty of people who can fix phone faults, but not as many broadband people.

Once the phone fault is fixed, then the broadband will get better.

0 Ratings
nperkins
Aspiring Contributor
Message 32 of 34

yeah I tested the speed and it had dropped a lot again. speaking to them now because the complaint I had was just closed. if I hadn't needed to call them I might not have realised.

only problem is when the guy from openreach came he found no noise initially
0 Ratings
DiggerOfTrenches
Contributor
Message 33 of 34

@Keith_Beddoewrote:

@nperkinswrote:
now i'm getting a lot of noise on the line, which the call operator commented on as well

That is the problem.

If there is noise on the line, then you need to report it as  a noisy line. Do not mention the broadband problem, otherwise it will end up in the wrong fault queue, and take much longer to be fixed. There are plenty of people who can fix phone faults, but not as many broadband people.

Thank you Kieth that explains why having only once in 12 months had noise on the phone an endless trail of 15 odd telepone engineer turned up and went away say what's the problem your router is turned on and blue.

Thus not fixing my internet and not fixing it quicker than the 12+ broadband engineers who could not fix it slowly.

But knowing the reason. Not fixing it quicker males me feel better. I thank you.

Unlike my PM's which are 'turned off' makes perfect sense now. See:-

https://community.bt.com/t5/The-Lounge/Limit-to-number-of-Personal-Messages-in-a-specific-time/m-p/1...

As my internet is still broken could I borrow your batphone to dial up HQ(the mods) You can do it if you want to.

I apologies for the second time for proving you wrong.

I am here to fix my internet, not to make you look like a lemon. Honest.

0 Ratings
DiggerOfTrenches
Contributor
Message 34 of 34

@Keith_Beddoewrote:

@nperkinswrote:

That is the problem.

Thank you Kieth that explains why having only once in 12 months had a noise on the phone an endless trail of 15+ telephone engineer turned up and went away saying what's the problem your router is turned on and blue.

Thus not fixing my internet and not fixing it quicker than the 12+ broadband engineers who could not fix it slowly.

But knowing the reason. Not fixing it quicker males me feel better. I thank you.

I apologies for the second time for proving you wrong.

0 Ratings