Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
duberry
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Smart Hub and BT Cloud

Go to solution

Hi just renewed my contract to avoid price rise only. However there was no offer for a new router? I use the HH5 but would like a smart hub. Not paying £65 as is cheaper online. I'm sure I read if you renew your contract you can get a free router? Plus p&p of course

Also I thought i'd get my cloud storage working rather than pay apple for an upgrade. What a waste of time. I logged in and it says no cloud is active on this account. Go to mybt. So I go to mybt and log in and goto cloud storage. You click activate and guess what it loads the app up again. You log in and it sends you back to mybt as not active. A multi billion pound company and can't even get an app to activate. Basic stuff.

Looks like I never received the speed bump either that others have had. Not that I was too bothered about that but interesting that some received it snd sone don't.

Any ideas?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Smart Hub and BT Cloud

Go to solution

the offer of a free router when renewing has been long gone  you could when negotiating your new deal try and get new router included but BT won't offer it.

If you HH5 is working on then stick with it

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
duberry
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution
And the BT Cloud storage?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

You have to log onto your MyBT via a web browser and in the manage extras section click on add extra at the BT Cloud section.

As regards the speed rise. You would only get it if your line was capable of exceeding 55Mbps. If it could not exceed that speed it would be pointless offering it. You would have however been offered more cloud storage space. 

0 Ratings
duberry
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

@gg30340wrote:

You have to log onto your MyBT via a web browser and in the manage extras section click on add extra at the BT Cloud section.

As regards the speed rise. You would only get it if your line was capable of exceeding 55Mbps. If it could not exceed that speed it would be pointless offering it. You would have however been offered more cloud storage space. 

I've done that and its exactly as I said it takes you to the app or downloads it if you don't have it you try and log in and it tells you its not active. Go to mybt and it then sends you back to the app i'm not wasting my time going round in circles. Anyone know about this issue please?

As for the speed bump i'm not that bothered. Was more interested in the upload speed but as BT cloud doesn't work then its pointless anyway. The line does support more than 50 and BT tried to flog me the new BT plus at the higher seed! Weird that some got it some not. But who knows how BT works. I do not

0 Ratings
duberry
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Sorted the cloud needs to be done from a web browser on a normal computer not an ipad or mobile device. 

As for the rise cancelled my new contract or was going to but got it for £23.99 a month instead of the £26.99. Love these price rises just get the price cut instead.

Also got a new smart hub coming for free. Amazing what you can do if you're nice and know the right number to call. Help appreciated many thanks but I'm happy. 

0 Ratings