cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Smart Hub return – why have I been asked to return it?

I got an email from BT today with "the instructions we promised to send about how to return your equipment" and details on how to return my Smart Hub by 2 Jan 2022.

I haven't cancelled my contract and I don't want to. I haven't asked to return the Hub. Any ideas why I've received this and how I can stop it? 

(It's not a scam email – my BT account also shows that I'm due to return the Hub.)

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Smart Hub return – why have I been asked to return it?

I had the same thing - you'll probably find a new smart hub appear on your doorstep in a week or so.

I think it might be to do with the digital voice migration (even though I already had a SH2).

The only difference I could find was the new SH2 didn't have a sticker over the phone port.

Message 3 of 7

Hi @thiskey and welcome to our community.

I'm sorry for any confusion with this. It sounds like you're going to be migrated over from copper to fibre which would trigger a new hub to be sent as part of the order. @ch is correct. You'll probably receive the new hub in the next few days and you need to send the old one back.

Cheers

David

Message 4 of 7

Thanks @DavidM . I've since received another email about me receiving a new hub, so yes – I guess that must be it. But I already have fibre to the premises, so I'm confused about why I need a new hub? 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Thanks for getting back @thiskey .

Are you still using your copper line for calls?

Cheers

David

Message 6 of 7

Thanks @DavidM . We don't use a landline telephone, so – no. But if we did have one, I believe it would plug in to the copper line. So the change of hub is to enable calls to be taken via the fibre connection, rather than the copper line? 

I guess on the off-chance we want a landline in the future, we just need to roll with the change of hub now to enable it?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

You're correct on both points @thiskey .

Cheers

David